“Great for Dogs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bodega Bay
Sacramento
“Great for Dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2006

Based on some of the reviews we were not sure what we would find. We brought our Golden Retriever along and stayed in a room with two queen size beds. The place was clean, had a TV with 80 stations including HBO, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, small table for eating, large comfortable chair, and a desk. Each morning from 7:30 to 9:30 they served a continual breakfast: hot and cold cereal, Belgian waffles, fruit, coffee, tea, rolls, milk, juice etc. Each room has a view of the bay from the balcony, it was great! The room was real quiet at night we did not hear much even on Friday and Saturday nights. They do have a 72 hour cancellation policy even after you check in so you cannot leave early.

Also, there is a place just a few minutes walk south of the Inn that is a dog walk and goes along the bay. Also you can drive or walk to Duncan Beach (?), which is close and dogs are allowed on a leach. We looked at other Inns/Hotels that accepted dogs, but there was no area to run or walk them in the morning or evening, we will definitely return. And our golden was so good she did not even bark at anyone.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
gaithersburg, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for five nights as part of an Elderhostel program that was based here. Overall, the experience was fine. The room was huge by motel standards with a king sized bed, sofa, two chairs, TV desk, microwave and refrigerator.

My main complaint with the room was the bathroom. Very dated wallpaper was mildewed in numerous spots and this is something that a little TLC would take care of. The grout was also mildewed in some places due to the cheap plastic shower curtain that allowed water to escape the shower. The blanket on the bed was scary looking, but I asked for a sheet and just put the blanket between the two sheets.

In fairness to the Inn, the manager did say they are doing a complete remodel. In fact, while we were there, new microwaves and refrigerators were installed in each room one day. I would imagine that removal of the dated wallpaper in the bathroom would also be included.

The room itself was very comfortable, as was the bed. No problem with the TV or phone. The hot tub outside was wonderful and well attended by the "hostile elders". Continental breakfast pretty typical except for the Belgian waffles. Perhaps a second wafflemaker would make the wait for waffles shorter.

I don't have any idea what the cost of the rooms are due to the fact that this was included in the program cost, so cannot comment on the value. All things considered, I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2006

Read the reviews of this motel carefully and don't dismiss the negative reviews.

We live in the San Francisco Bay Area and know the coast area very, very well. We have stayed in this motel. We were completely dissatisfied with our accomodations. The room was in very shabby shape. The furnishings were awful. There was mold and the place wasn't clean. The room was a dump. We travel a lot and this motel rates as the worst hotel/motel we've ever stayed in. We politely requested a room change which they said they could not accomodate.

We would NEVER stay in this motel again. We're don't like leaving a negative review but people deserved to be warned against this place.

Please note that rates here are high so one would expect quality at this rate.

Honeymooners or Couples: If you are looking for a romantic place, DON'T stay here!!!

Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Bodega Coast Inn for a weekend getaway in March 2006. The room was ok, nothing special. That's alright since we were there for the location, not the room. My main complaint stems from what happened after we left the hotel. I accidently left a pair of jeans, (my favorite, of course) and called the hotel looking for them. I called twice, before I spoke with Deidre and she informed me that my jeans were there. I asked if they could be mailed to me and she said she would check with the manager to see how he wanted to handle it. After a couple of days I called back and spoke with Mr. Keller, the manager. I asked him if he could mail my jeans to me and he said he could send them COD. I told him that because of my job, it would be difficult to pick up my jeans at the post office. I asked if I could give him my credit card number and have my jeans mailed to me. He said yes. The next day I got a notice that the jeans had been sent COD. I took off of work and went to the post office and I was told that it would be $19.91 to send a money order to the hotel to cover the cost of shipping $8.96 and a $10.00 "service fee". I am angry about the fact that the hotel is asking for a profit to send me back my jeans. I left them at the post office. I would be very interested to know if anyone else has ever been charged a "serivce fee" to have something mailed back to them. The manager assured me that this was standard procedure in every hotel he's ever worked at.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't believe customer service should end as soon as the customer walks out.

I will not be staying at this hotel ever again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone either.

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2006

Unfortunately I did not look here before I stayed at this hotel. There were a lot of problems with the hotel which I would have been willing to overlook had the staff not been so rude. I still thought well that is just an employee so I sent a letter and filled out a comment card. I gave them 3 weeks to respond before I came here to warn others.

First off we were quoted one price and on check in the price was $150 more, which was corrected. The spa did not work the whole time and when I checked out I mentioned this and the response was "well it works now", pretty rude in my book. The TV did not work without lots of static and the phone cord had to be held while making a call.

I love Bodega Bay and wanted to like this place and I would have overlooked the flaws if the management acted like they cared. Now that I read these reviews I see that the management came on here and accused others of making things up, I wish I had read here first.

• Stayed January 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2005

This place was wonderful...My boyfriend took me here for our 4 year anniversary and I couldn't have been any more pleased...Our room was right next to the huge hot tub which we loved. Also we loved all the perks of staying here like the free champange and if you go to the golf course down the way you get a free bottle of wine just cause you stay here...I will love to come back. This is a very romantic place so make sure you have someone you love with you...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

We always read "trip advisor" before we book a place. After reading the mixed reviews on this place we decided to WAIT and have a look (even if it meant we'd have to drive elsewhere) before we stayed.
We arrived pretty early (around 11 am) and, to tell the truth, were pleasently surprised. The place looked a little weathered (as MOST coastly properties do) BUT was extremely clean. The person at the front desk (later found out it was Tom, the manager) was very helpful and went out of his way to let us look at the rooms that were available. Again, very surprised! The rooms were very spacious and CLEAN. We picked one that had a "great" view of the bay with vaulted ceilings and VERY, VERY LARGE. We could not have been happier! We decided to stay for three days!
We did take the time to look at the other hotels/motels in the area, and in OUR opinion the "Coast Inn" is BY FAR the best value! A helpful and deliteful staff that went out of thier way to make us feel comfortable!
The breakfast is FAR more than continental! Lana, Tom's wife (and the real boss here, I believe) told us one afternoon that they had expanded it alot in the last year! NO MORE just "donuts and coffee"! I recommend it to ALL!
We have already decided to return. We had a wonderful time and would advise everyone to try this place out!
Thank-you, again, and see you all soon!

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Bodega Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!