“Good value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bodega Bay
Pontardawe, Wales
“Good value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2004

Very large and comfortable room. The room was clean and well equipped. The staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was of a reasonable standard with a relatively wide choice of foods.

The room had had a furnished balcony overlooking the bay (the only hotel during the vacation to have a balcony). Easy to find and conveient for hwy 1 travellers.

All things considered, I thought it was good value for money.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Francisco/Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2004

My husband and I live in San Francisco and decided for a mid week one day get away.

We were just driving and decided it was time to get a place to spend the night.

We pulled into the Bodega Coast Inn and and was able to get a very nice room to spend the night.

The room and bathroom was very clean and well appointed. I hold high standards when it comes to places I want to lay my head at night (I check these things out).

I was able to take a very good hot shower and felt refreshed. They have very nice shampoo, lotion, body scrubs(kwiki and alvo vera). Gee, I am going to try to find me some for future use.

The staff was very helpful and friendly in making us feel welcome and giving directions.

I would stay there in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2004

We were greeted by some very friendly staff when we arrived at the hotel. They were very helpful and upon learning that we were celebrating a special occasion, automatically upgraded us to a room with a fireplace, vaulted ceilings and great view of the ocean. The room was well appointed and had all of the basic amenities. We were welcomed to a full continental breakfast in the morning. Although this probably isn't the fanciest place in Bodega Bay, it has great rooms, great service and an affordable price. We are sold on this place for sure!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2004

This place is a great value. The staff is great, the rooms are big and well appointed. In today's value concious market, this is the only place I would stay in Bodega Bay.

• Stayed June 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2004

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The room we stayed at for $325.00 a night was slightly better than a cheap motel room. It was dirty, full of spider webs, no reliable running hot water, thin walls and ceilings (we were woken up every morning by our neighbors upstairs), and the partial "Bay View" was a "Total wall of trees and run down shacks." When we complained to the front desk about the problem with the hot water his response was: " You can't expect to come to a place like this, so far away from the city and find running hot water for all the persons staying at the room." But they sure priced the room like a 4-5 star city hotel. Stay Away from this dump!

, General Manager at Bodega Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2004
1st, let me point out that the #1 AND the #2 complaints were made by the SAME party. As miserable as they say the stay was they DID stay TWO nights (if I had an experience as bad as this family (or two) is trying to convey, I would have left after the first night). When I was called the first night about the water not being hot I explained that with SO MANY people in the room you cannot take shower after shower and expect the water to remain HOT (asking if that was possible at thier house). When I asked HOW MANY had showered I was told "I don't know, BUT NOT everyone has" AND the important thing is "we have a reservation at a restaurant and NOW we'll be late!" Outside of boiling water for GOD KNOWS HOW MANY in the room, i offered to call the restaurant and have them reschedule the reservation. "No, thats alright" was the response. NOT ANOTHER WORD FOR 2 DAYS. Upon check out the lobby was VERY crowded with guest trying to leave and when it became the complainers turn at the desk they started complaining about everything - the other people in the hotel, the water, the continental breakfast (which they NEVER attended), the "thin" walls -- ect. ect....I asked them what would make thier stay better --- THE VERY FIRST WORDS OUT OF THIER MOUTHS WERE "we think we should be entitled to a discount"! BTW, they DID NOT PAY $325, as stated, thier rate was ONLY $295 for a two bedroom suite that we have had NOTHING but raves about by other guests. I looked at them and could tell they were NOT going to leave unless I acted quickly so I asked "if I gave you a $50.00 per night discount would you be HAPPY"? WITH NO HESITATION THEY SAID "absolutly". So I did just that, wanting them to leave so I could tend to the more satisfied guests. THREE days later I received a FAX from this VERY questionable "guest" stating that "after thinking about it, WE have decided that YOU DID NOT give us enough AND WE WANT furthur COMPENSATION, if you do not compensate us further we will go on EVERY site we can think of and write bad reviews about your establishment". When they left here i felt they were happy so I did NOT dignify this last threat, nor did I or would I offer them further compensation - and there is proof of the "old innkeepers" lament 'SOME PEOPLE, no matter what you do for them, WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED".
TO SEE WHICH version of this reponse is true we PROUDLY invite EVERYONE to come out to our WONDERFUL hotel and JUDGE FOR YOURSELVES. PLEASE do not be influenced by people who are trying to get something for NOTHING.

Thomas W. Switzer
General Manage
Bodega Coast Inn
Campbell, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2004

I spent the 2004 Memorial Day weekend in this dump....:( It is a small notch above Motel 6 for a price of a 4-5 star hotel... If you are looking to be disappointed, book a room at Bodega Coast Inn. This is what you get in a 2 bedroom suite for $325/night: soiled/disgusting carpets, spider webs in the bedrooms, moldy/heavily spotted ceilings, extremely thin ceilings + noise from all neighbors, intermitent hot water, peeling/dirty wallpaper. Stay away!!!!!

P.S. When we complained to the manager about these issues, he quickly dropped $100 from the 2-night bill. I am sure we weren't the 1st ones...

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2004

My wife and I stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon. We were greeted by a very nice and courteous staff member at the desk who also suggested a wonderful place for dinner up the road a bit (Lucas Wharf). Our disappointment began when we reached the room. Although it was probably the most spacious room of our trip, the room and building appeared tired and worn to us. When we filled up the jacuzzi, there was "stuff" floating around in it, and the shower needed some extra cleaning too. Lastly, our view of the bay from our ground floor "honeymoon suite" was blocked by what could best be described as a shack with a pickup truck parked outside. Besides, why do you put the honeymoon suite at street level?? Overall, the property was a disappointment for the price they charged us ($239).

Been to Bodega Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!