“We will be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Branscomb's Bodega Bay Inn

You added Branscomb's Bodega Bay Inn to your Saves list
Branscomb's Bodega Bay Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   1588 Eastshore Road, (at Highway One), Bodega Bay, CA 94923   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Bodega Bay B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California
“We will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. We booked The Lighthouse (room 7) and the deciding factor was the description on their website of the patio that stated "The best part of the Lighthouse is the huge outside private patio. If you enjoy reading or just lounging with a glass of wine in the sun, this is a nice private space." When we arrived I was pretty surprised to see that it wasn't as "private" as stated. It had a large clear opening with a perfect view of the parking lot next door where anyone had a perfect view into the patio. NOT the place I would be sitting in my pajamas and enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning! Also, the TV didn't work and when my husband went and asked about it he was basically told the TV was "no good" In the morning I went and asked the man tending the front desk if we could please switch to a different room. We ended up moving to The Upper Tree (room 16), it was a very nice room and we found the deck area to be much more private. It had a large flat screen working TV and the room was very clean. I'm really glad we switched rooms, it's not something I've ever done before...usually we just deal with what we get! We will definitely come back and stay again soon. The Terrapin Creek Cafe next door is awesome! We had dinner there twice and lunch...excellent food!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here as part of a recovery from cancer treatment, and greiving road trip. We chose the location because we wanted peace and quiet. The owner Ruth contacted me personally after I made the online reservation and asked if she could change our room to one she wanted us to be in, based on the reason for our trip. The Inn is a converted art gallery/home and is full of character, very quaint, and very quiet. Yes the stairway is a bit creaky, but it is part of the ambiance of staying in an old house/Inn. If you want modern ammeneties or room service then stay at a large hotel. The gardens are lovely and are being worked on, as is the whole place, continuously by the owners grand son, who checke us in and gave us a tour of the whole place. There is artwork hung and placed everywhere which is lovely to wander around and look at. The large painting in the room Ruth put us in was particularly beautiful, depicting a small tow headed child in amongst the sun dappled redwood trees. It was very poignent for us as our son had just died 6 months previous to this trip, and we as a family had spent most of our free time up in the forest, or on the water. This felt like him saying hello to us. The breakfast area was in a sunroom and there was plenty of delicious gourmet coffee either ready to be brewed, or available to be brewed. There was cereal and toast and jams and cream cheese. I put my container with my leftovers from our restaurant meal in the fridge with my name on it and it appeared to not have been touched. Our room was at the top of the building and had a lovely little walk out balcony. The bathroom was spotless and there was spa quality shampoo etc. to use. We had a lovely peaceful sleep, in a very comfortable bed, lulled by the faint sound of a fog horn in the distance. We came to Bodega Bay to experience Bodega Bay, and this did it perfectly! We hope to return again one day.

Room Tip: Be as specific as possible about what you need or want with your stay and they will do their best to...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

we stayed there earlier this month and loved it, the room was large and the bed comfortable, and clean.
The breakfast room was selfserve open 24 hours and I drink a lot of hot tea, so I enjoyed being able to make tea when ever I want.
I would stay there again and thought the place was warm and friendly the the guy at the desk showed us around and told us where to eat dinner, which had the best fish taco and clam chowder I have ever had.
We love it and the price was excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed at the Bodega Bay Inn for one night on my way to the SF Airport from Northern Cali and thought it was very nice -- especially for the price. The woman who checked me in was very helpful, recommended where to go in town to get dinner (especially oysters), showed me to the breakfast room and generally made me feel quite welcome. I had a room upstairs (can't remember the name), that was large, clean and very comfortable. The Inn does not have the "cutsie-pie" feel that I reckon some like in their B & B's, it felt more like going to a friend's rambling and comfortable house in the country and having the run of the place. I'm hoping to stay another night with my wife when we are in the area in December.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

This place is listed as a B and B but it has none of the charm or feel you would expect. Very unattractive building and a really cheap serve yourself breakfast. I wouldn't do stay again.

• Stayed August 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Don't be fooled by the pictures, this place is really ugly and overpriced. And the "breakfast" is self serve dry cereal and make your own coffee. We were very disappointed with this place and would NOT recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2011
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This place wasn't that bad for the price, considering most places in Bodega Bay are very expensive. We had a very basic room in the back building, not in the main house. It was clean and comfortable. It had a flat screen TV and DVD player. It appeared that it may have been recently remodled. There are not a lot of extras in the room but for one night it was fine. The sun room (or where you can get snacks or breakfast) is ok, you need to make your own coffee, tea or cereal. Not much for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Branscomb's Bodega Bay Inn? Share your experiences!