“Happy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Blythe
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Overall very happy with our stay.

I do feel like it was a little over priced but then I saw Motel 6 was charging $48 so I guess they weren't to far off. We spent $99.44 (with tax).

The room had a wet dog smell at first but we got use to it after 20 mins or so.

The free hot breakfast is listed as starting at 6:30am but really it starts at 5am. We left at 4am to get back on the road and we were able to grab some, which helped us out for driving and was yummy!

Before we knew we could have some breakfast to go at 4am and I thought we wouldn't be getting any because it doesn't start till 6:30am, I was thinking they should offer a free to-go breakfast for truckers that have to leave before breakfast is served.

Now, 5am is better to server for the people that need to get out on the road but what about those people that leave at 1am or 2am? They need something too. So, I thought maybe they could do a snack pack for those who leave before the breakfast. Help the truckers stay safe and awake while driving!

Other than that, they have truck parking, indoor pool/hot tub, located right off the 10 and next to food.

Oh and our room had a beer opener on the wall! Very fun if we were drinking!

Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vidalia, La
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

From the check in to the check out, all the staff seemed to really care about their guests. The room was large, clean with microwave and refrigerator. Housekeeping seemed to really be doing their job. Also another added feature was that they start breakfast at 5:00 AM. This sure helps when you need to be on the road early. The location is just off the interstate, but I didn't hear any interstate traffic. Although it is a little tricky getting back onto the interstate, but it was okay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Blythe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Staying at this hotel was great. Most Quality Inns I haved stayed at does not compare to this one. For one, this hotel offers a great hot breakfast. The hotel staff are great! they really make you feel welcome. For two, the rooms were really clean. If I ever stay in Blythe again I will sure stay here. FYI this used to be a Holiday INN Express! WOW!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Pleasanton, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Right off I-10. Clean and basic, free parking, WiFi, but the AC was a bit loud, fan noise, as are most window mounts. I did not take part in the free breakfast. I had room 118 on the ground floor.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had to stay in Blythe for a week for work and after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided to book a room at the Quality Inn since it was rated #2 and it was a great price with my AAA card. I will make this short and sweet. PROS: The hotel room was very clean with large King bed and nice bathroom, free breakfast, check-in was a piece of cake, the hotel was quiet, parking was great for our truck with a trailer and it was on the less busy side of the freeway. CONS: It was on the less busy side of the freeway which meant a little walk to find food, the nice flat screen tv had a horrible picture, the air conditioner was way noisy, and the so-called fitness room is a joke (treadmill that sucked and the stationary bike was broken).

All-in-all great hotel for the price and if I had to stay again in Blythe I would pick this hotel.

On a side note, don't waste your time trying to find a place to eat...just go to Rebel BBQ.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
cameron park california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed three days at this location for work. Clean hotel, decent breakfast in the morning, very friendly staff. Only three things wrong: Exercise room was just a regular room with mirrors on wall, a water cooler, towels, eliptical, treadmill, recumbent bike, and TV. What would normally be the restroom was locked. Thumbs down for me on this as my room was clear at the other end of the motel. Recumbent bike inoperable all three days. Second thing that went wrong (albeit a very minor thing): I unplugged the hair dryer to plug in my straightener. TV and light fuses in my room all blew! There was nothing else plugged in. I've never seen a fuse blow by unplugging something. Plugged in my straightener, hit the reset button on the GFI and my straightener and everything was back in business. Third miss: There are the necessary window screens on the outside of the windows to keep the heat and sun out during the day. Inside the room are sheer drapes and the black out curtains are just there for looks and are only a foot wide on either end of the window. The problem lies in the fact that at night with the lights on in the room, you can see straight into the room when you walk by. As a female staying alone in the room, I did not like this. These are very minor things to point out, and I would stay here again. If you can, eat at Rebel BBQ. What a gem.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ramona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Very nice room, clean, comfy beds, nice LG flatscreen and no frwy noise. The breakfast was better than we expected, eggs weren't the best but they had enough different things to eat you couldn't leave hungry. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Blythe? Share your experiences!