“GREAT PLACE TO STAY WITH SMALL CHILDREN, REASONABLE RATES” 5 of 5 stars

Capital Suites Hotel
545 E Hobson Way, Blythe, CA 92225   |
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Blythe
Bakersfield, California
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY WITH SMALL CHILDREN, REASONABLE RATES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I recently stayed here with my granddaughter and her little friend (2 1/2 year olds).
The room was perfect for small children as it has a sitting area with a half wall between the sitting area and bed. The sitting area provided a perfect play space for the girls and all their toys. They had a blast playing inside and had pleanty of room to run around and burn off some of their energy.
The room had a large bathroom area, wireless internet, a big TV and great staff ready to help in any way needed.
There was a total of (5) of us in one room, three women and two small children.
The pool area was clean and welcoming. The pool felt great and the kids loved splashing around.
The rooms are quiet, we never even heard anyone else in the hotel.
The Contental Breakfast was great! Everything we wanted and then some. Hot waffles, yogurt, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, fruit juices, good coffee I could just go on and on.
I will diffently be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Santa Maria, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in this motel (Comfort Suites) many times on visits back to my hometown. We have always had good service for the price. Now the motel is named Capitol Suites , and the first thing I noticed was a price increase from our previous stay. We booked anyway thinking we would get the same service as before but, NO that was not the case. The dust on the tv, coffee and end tables was obviously visible, which made me wonder if the room hadn't been cleaned in a while. The bathroom was clean enough. We got good service from the girls in reception and breakfast room. The manager was not helpful. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Lancaster, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

This hotel was listed in the AAA tourbook as a Comfort Suites. My wife and I were traveling back home from Texas and stopped here for the night. I had no idea that it had changed names and was no longer a Comfort Suites. Some of the decor was the same, but the bed in our King room was horrible. It wasn't what I have experienced at other Comfort Suites hotes. The rate was good, however. We looked at breakfast, but it wasn;t appealing to us so we opted on another option for that.

I would not stay here again, only because neither my wife or I slept well on the hard bed!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Aurora CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

This is now a Capital Inn and Suites, not Comfort Inn. Apparently it's under new management. They still use some of the Comfort Inn logos on some of their items, such as the "do not disturb" signs. We were going to have waffles for breakfast, but after one bite discovered the batter had gone bad. It's pet friendly, but there's no place on the grounds to walk your dog. You need to go around the block. Room needs updating. They're still using the bedding, etc., that's shown in the Comfort Inn ads for this place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Liberty, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

Normally I am a big fan of this chain, but this one didn't seem quite up to snuff. I am not sure whether the problem was the hotel itself or the surroundings.

Blythe is a small town just on the California side of the Colorado River and the Arizona border. Hobson Way is the main drag through this part of town, running parallel to the interstate. In looking at the town both at nighttime and in the daylight, I sensed that this hotel is a little too far on the eastern side of town, where things are a little more run down and the storefront businesses are not kept up quite as well. Only a couple of miles farther west along the same road, the surroundings seemed better.

The hotel itself is a two-story structure with exterior doors overlooking a central parking lot. It looks as if the facility has been renovated sometime in the last many years and is starting to wear again. Some of the furniture in our room seemed out of place.

I didn't try the breakfast. The front desk was helpful.

In summary, it was ok for one night, but if I were passing through again I'd look for one of the hotels a couple of miles to the west, and I might pass up the town entirely.

• Liked — Part of a solid, reliable chain
  • Disliked — Neighborhood seemed scruffy
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Blythe hotels

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

My car broke down on the way to Arizona and we ended up staying at this hotel. The receptionist was very courteous and helpful. The room itself was very clean and spacious... although they could update the decor a bit. The best part about our stay would definitely be the breakfast...nice variety of items including sausages and we got to make our own waffles w/sliced bananas...my friend who is more health conscious opted for the oatmeal & yogurt. They also had great wi-fi service.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson, Az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2003

This hotel had some good points and some bad. The rooms are pretty big and nicely decorated. My room was clean, except for the carpet, which was very dirty. One corner of the room smelled like urine. The pool was completely green and unusable. The breakfast had very few options. The coffee was good though. I got a very good deal on this hotel, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2003

Been to Capital Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!