“Stay away” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Blythe
Glendale, California
“Stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Toilet overflowed in the first room. In the second room, the TV had a horizontal line going across it, and the sound didn't work correctly. The bed was "sunken in". Towels are like sandpaper. On a positive note - staff was nice and friendly. Breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: Make sure to double check your rate as they wanted to charge me more than my confirmed rate from Exp...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

We stay here 1 or 2 days a month and we always return because of our clean and spacious the rooms are, a good breakfast is included, all at a good value! The service is excellent--we have always had prompt attention to any need expressed. They are flexible with us and we are amazed that it isn't packed all the time! We appreciate that every the rooms include amenitites we want, i.e., fridge, microwave, iron, and king-size, clean beds.

Room Tip: Just call and ask!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

My family and I always stay at Capital Suites. This is the one Hotel that we can count on to be clean, friendly, informative, helpful and so fourth. The staff is courteous and nice, the beds are comfortable and the array of breakfast options fits all our different likings.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Green Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Extremely disappointed in this hotel. It needs serious renovation. It smelled old and musty. Furnishings were outdated and worn. Bed was hard and pillows were small. Area surrounding hotel was poorly lighted and did not feel safe. We were glad it was only a one night stay and left before even trying the breakfast. Will not use again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Blythe hotels

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I recently stayed here with my granddaughter and her little friend (2 1/2 year olds).
The room was perfect for small children as it has a sitting area with a half wall between the sitting area and bed. The sitting area provided a perfect play space for the girls and all their toys. They had a blast playing inside and had pleanty of room to run around and burn off some of their energy.
The room had a large bathroom area, wireless internet, a big TV and great staff ready to help in any way needed.
There was a total of (5) of us in one room, three women and two small children.
The pool area was clean and welcoming. The pool felt great and the kids loved splashing around.
The rooms are quiet, we never even heard anyone else in the hotel.
The Contental Breakfast was great! Everything we wanted and then some. Hot waffles, yogurt, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, fruit juices, good coffee I could just go on and on.
I will diffently be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Santa Maria, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in this motel (Comfort Suites) many times on visits back to my hometown. We have always had good service for the price. Now the motel is named Capitol Suites , and the first thing I noticed was a price increase from our previous stay. We booked anyway thinking we would get the same service as before but, NO that was not the case. The dust on the tv, coffee and end tables was obviously visible, which made me wonder if the room hadn't been cleaned in a while. The bathroom was clean enough. We got good service from the girls in reception and breakfast room. The manager was not helpful. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Lancaster, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

This hotel was listed in the AAA tourbook as a Comfort Suites. My wife and I were traveling back home from Texas and stopped here for the night. I had no idea that it had changed names and was no longer a Comfort Suites. Some of the decor was the same, but the bed in our King room was horrible. It wasn't what I have experienced at other Comfort Suites hotes. The rate was good, however. We looked at breakfast, but it wasn;t appealing to us so we opted on another option for that.

I would not stay here again, only because neither my wife or I slept well on the hard bed!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Capital Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!