Think of this motel as typical roadside lodging of the 1950s and '60s. Built in 1962, it is a single-story, L-shaped property with parking (the spaces are somewhat narrow) at the door. The room was clean, with newer-looking carpeting and crisp bedding; but the wallpaper was marred by several jerry-rigged repairs. Staff service, however, outshone the serviceable room: my early check-in request was gladly granted and an employee was preparing waffles to order for guests--a thoughtful gesture at a self-service continental breakfast of average quality.
While the bathroom was of average size, I was not a fan of the space-saving toilet with its round seat. And the A/C unit, located at the far end of the room, was unable to cope with a warm day in Blythe. A small alcove with clothes hangers further served to diffuse what cooled air remained. So while I was warm, my slacks and wallet, hanging in the open closet area, were quite cool. But I guess there is nothing better than cold cash.
If you consider yourself a nonconformist, you might well find a determined foe in the firm, sparsely-padded mattress. After several grueling hours of fitful sleep, I arose convinced that the mattress was durable--maybe even bulletproof.
In conclusion, if cost and attentive service are your primary requirements, choose this property. If, however, room comfort is more important, you might consider a newer, more expensive chain hotel located near the freeway.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sahara Hotel Blythe
- Best Western Sahara Hotel
- Best Western Blythe
- Blythe Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Blythe hotel situated in the beautiful Palo Verde Valley and along 45 miles of the Colorado River. Situated near the California-Arizona border, the BEST WESTERN Sahara is conveniently located near area attractions including boating, fishing and jet skiing on the Colorado River; speedway car racing and nearby Quartzsite for rock hunting. Hotel guests will also have easy access to the year-round festivals held in and around Blythe. Each spacious, well-designed room is equipped with all the amenities needed to make any stay enjoyable. The BEST WESTERN Sahara hosts a complimentary breakfast each morning complete with sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and a variety of fresh fruits and pastries to satisfy any taste. An oversize outdoor swimming pool is open year round for hotel guests' enjoyment as well. Whether traveling to Blythe for the annual Jazz Festival or the Colorado River Music Festival, a friendly staff is ready to provide dedicated, professional service. Make an online reservation today at the BEST WESTERN Sahara Motel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Sahara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.