“Lousy!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Blythe
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Lousy!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We checked in at 11:17pm, door did not latch, husband had to push very hard to get lock to set. While getting ready for bed discovered No hot water in sink so I turned on tub to see if there was any there... none, but a lot of dirt came out. We had been driving over 12 hours so too tired to go back and request another room. Obviously no shower in the morning. When I complained the next morning when checking out they said that a water main had broke in the complex but we should have had hot water and that we should have let them know so they could move us. Unless they went from room to room to run the water, I'm sure that the dirt came out in all the room pipes. $49.50 was a total rip off.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

I stayed at the Willow Inn instead of the Motel 6 because it might have been locally owned (which I normally prefer).

While checking in around 10 p.m., I mentioned to the clerk that there was only one car in the parking lot of approximately 200 motel units. "This is a slow time of year," he replied.

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and B&Bs and this one rates near the bottom. By midnight, two other groups checked in to the motel. The clerk placed all of the renters in adjacent units. The person in one of the unit's next to mine snored loudly. The people on the other side partied all night. Presumably, the clerk placed everyone together so that it would be easier to clean in the morning. The Interstate freeway was in a direct line with my window. The loudest thing in the room was the little refrigerator which I unplugged.

Around midnight I called the front desk to get another room - no answer. I went to the front desk and it was locked. No answer to the doorbell.

With a night of absolutely no sleep I left at 5 a.m. for Tucson. They should close this place!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Tucson AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I had stayed at this hotel a few years back and it was decent- you get what you pay for. I paid about $30 for a night and it was no frills, but clean and safe. Came back again this past weekend it was awful. Arrived at midnight, there were no cars in the parking lot - hence, lots of empty rooms, and asked for a room for two. The clerk (with great language barrier difficulities) put us in the $50 room with a kitchenette and sink. Why? At midnight, for one night, how useful was this? The door wouldn't lock, and it took two trips to the desk before she let us in with her own key. The room had not been used since August, so about 3 months (we could tell by the HBO guide, which was dated in August)- the water was brown coming out of the pipes, the pillows had disturbing stains on them, the sheets had holes, we could barely get the tub to turn on, and there was clumps of someone's hair in the towel. For $50, I except a LOT more than this. For $25 I won't complain, but this was a ripoff.
We won't stay at the Willow Inn ever again. I miss American run motels.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

If you want a cheap, no frills place to spend a night, this is it. There are no frills and barely any fixtures. The room was cold and noisy, the towels hard and the traffic noise from the 10 constant. The window coverings for the back were towels affixed to the walls. There were no tissues and the toilet paper had no fixture to attached to. The bed was a sheet and the bed cover. The heater did its job and then some. Woke up sweating. The pillows were garbage. But, other than that, it seemed to be clean enough to sleep in and the refrigerator worked. There are no hairdryers here either.....

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Bisbee, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

I read the review from a few years ago and am pleased to say that the Inn has improved greatly. The bathroom was clean, the bedroom was large with a fold-out couch, and the small refrigerator worked. Best of all, we were there during the Quartzite Gem & Mineral show and were pleased to find a room available at a reasonable rate. The only negative was the remote was missing for the TV, and when we tried to call the front desk to report this, the phone wasn't working! Other than that, we thought this was a good deal.

• Liked — Large room and bed
  • Disliked — Kitchen area was not well-arranged
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2005

I have seen better accomodations in the worst third world countries. The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting and dirty as well as the rest of the room. I wanted to find a pond of standing water outside to take a bath. When we got there, there werent even any towels in the room.

They call it a suite because they had another room as big as a closet with a rusty bed frame that blocked a broken fridge and disgusting sink.

If we werent so exhausted, we would have fled into the night. We figured it would be a little safer than sleeping at a rest area at 2 am.

This place was so dirty, it was surreal. I took photos. Check out the bathroom. We had to go back to the office to get towels. We didnt use them.

They say they have HBO- heck, the TV didnt even work. We were in room 118.

We will never step foot in Blythe again.

Stayed November 2005

Been to Willow Inn & Suites Blythe? Share your experiences!