“Much better the expected” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   850 West Hobson Way, Blythe, CA 92225-1416   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Blythe
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Much better the expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

A great place to stay when you're in Blythe, way better then I expected.I picked this place because it was cheap, and had good reviews, but I did not expected a motel this good.Clean, great showers, good beds and a very nice staff.Breakfast is not much, but that is never a concern for me personally.All in all a great place to sleep a night when in Blythe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is an older hotel that has been renovated. Everything was new and sparkling clean. The bed was comfortable, although the mattress was a little firm for my liking - but that is entirely subjective. The breakfast was adequate. The owner/manager was very attentive and responsive, going the 'extra mile' for my unusual request. My request? I asked if an external 120V. outlet was available to plug my rechargable Volt hybrid vehicle into. He not only said 'yes,' but took me around and showed where they all were. My Volt was charged as we slept! Will I stay there if I am in Blythe in the future? I won't even look at anywhere else!

Room Tip: Tell the owner what you need Get a room on the west side in the summer, the sun won'...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The approach of a green field surrounded by palm trees, with a swimming pool in the middle with kids having fun.
Rooms fully equipped with fridge, microwave, and fully functioning airco, which was the best thing yet in that scorching heat.
Breakfast was catered for bya very nice receptionist man. With a slightly different choice than usual, including fresh mini muffins. A nice surprise.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was nervous about the booking with no recent reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The grounds were spotless. Plenty of easy parking. The manager was super nice each time we interacted. I booked a two double bed room. The room was clean and simple but met our needs. Lots of tv channels. A coffee pot with enough sugar and creamer (I hate when hotels skimp on these things). A closet area with a luggage rack. A decent size bathroom with a lot of hot water. The room was cool but the heater worked well. The beds were firm. Not so bad that I couldn't sleep though. Pillows were too thin for me but as a personal preference I like very thick pillows so I wouldn't consider this a complaint but an observation.

Overall I was pleased with my room and would absolutely stay here again.

There was a continental breakfast which had juice, basic pastries, English muffins, toast, waffles, multiple choices of cereals, fruit cocktail, and hard boiled eggs. Nothing fancy but completely adequate. Starbucks is kitty corner from the motel. I heard nice things about the coffee shop in the same parking lot.

Blythe is not a big town. Not many food choices. The Sizzler across the street was good, as was Garcia's Mexican restaurant down the main street. plenty of fast food all around the freeway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I recently spent 5 weeks in Blythe for work and spent nearly the whole time at this hotel. The staff was friendly and gave us a very good discount as we were staying for so long. The room was nothing fancy but perfectly adequate. Out of the 9 of us staying one person repeatedly found cockroaches in her shower but as I personally never had any problems I didn't rate down for that. The mattress was fine, the internet mostly worked okay, and the location is very good, being within walking distance of Starbucks, the Courtesy Cafe/lounge, and a bunch of fast food restaurants. I also used the pool multiple times and it was generally pretty clean. The AC took a little while to cool down the room was probably my biggest complaint but overall, a good value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tucson AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

We are pretty tolerent of bad motels and usually stay in the cheapest.

Outside of Mexico and Nepal this is about the worst motel we've stayed at.

The first non smoking room we were assigned reeked of cigarette smoke. The second was old and grimy.

No bugs is the best I can say.

My major complaint was how noisy the room was. The next dooer TV was loud enough to understand voices. The noise from the road came through the back wall like it was paper. Lots of big amp'd subwoofers in Blythe.

Don't stay here if you want to sleep.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
SHANKER P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Sorry. It may be that way then but property has been upgraded since that tims.
Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

Motels in Blythe seem expensive in general so we stayed at this one, one of the least expensive we found. We were very surprised at how nice it is. The rooms are spotless, very clean (even the grounds were clean). The rooms are not fancy but very comfortable. The wireless internet connection worked very well.

Some negatives are that they have soap/shampoo dispensers (which I like) but the shampoo was a little weak and the beds are especially hard.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple