“Expensive Disappointment” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Expensive Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We took some friends out to Mosmans for a birthday dinner, it is a great location, comfortable and friendly staff but then the disappointment. The food was less than average, 2 of us had fish, barramundi, when you cut into it it turned to mush like it had been cooked and refrozen then heated again with a tiny side of cauliflower croquet possibly out of a box. Not worth $46.50 . The meal of fish and chips was a good size and the risotto ok. For the price you would think you should be raving about the food not complaining. I would have a hard time returning.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
mosmans, General Manager at Mosmans Restaurant, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. Our team is obviously very disappointed that you did not enjoy Mosmans as much as we'd hope!
We are always happy to receive feedback as it assists in further training to ensure Mosmans is always performing at our best. If you would like to elaborate on your time here, we would love to hear from you personally so please don't hesitate to contact me on 9383 3388 or email me jacie@mosmans.com.au. I really do hope to hear from you and get you back to Mosmans soon!

“Very Pleasant Outlook!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Romantic Dinner! Lovely views over the swan, almost felt like we were the only two dining that night. Small menu and good quality fresh produce. Have been to a number and variety of functions here before and always a good experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“50th Birthday Function”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had my 50th birthday function at Mosmans last week. My 40 guests had nothing but praise for Mosmans and the attentive service they received.   In particular, they raved about the food and the drinks service.  One guest who was a vegan (and which was one extra that I did not advise Mosmans about about) mentioned that he asked for a vegan meal on the day and his request was handled promptly and with no fuss.   The meal he received he said was absolutely delicious and he also received a vegan desert without having to ask for it.  He told me that he was very impressed with the chef's skills and also with Mosman's "can do" attitude. I also thought the food was spectacular in the way it was presented and it was delicious.

I am so pleased that my function went so well and that my guests loved the food and service - and not to mention the stunning location and vista. But my deepest thanks and appreciation go to Rachel Watson - Marketing and Sales Manager for being so professional in her approach from the first phone call I made to Mosmans. Throughout all the of calls and emails I made to her, she were nothing but attentive, prompt, courteous and very customer service focused. As such, it was such a pleasure to deal with her and it made organising my function a snap.

I’d also like to pass my thanks to Mike Mosman's floor manager on the day who was very creative in his approach to allow me to run my slide show - and for all the behind the scenes work he did. What a lovely fellow! My thanks also to:

* The manager Owen for being very helpful on the day with my requests and for ensuring the smooth running of the things.
* Mosman's staff who served the food and drinks - very professional and attentive
* Mosman's chef - he’s a genius - what sumptuous and delicious food

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mosmans, General Manager at Mosmans Restaurant, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
What a wonderful review! We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your event!
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mosmans soon!
From Rachel, Owen, Michael and our team of Chefs!
Chiba, Japan
“Location, cuisine, wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants when in Perth. Situated on the river, windows all around to take in the view. Relaxed atmosphere, great food, great wine. Love it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just amazing. The food and location were fantastic. I would recommend going in the summertime so you have a better view of the swan river but overall it was delicious. Expensive but so worth it.

Visited May 2013