“Just awful - will never go there again” 1 of 5 stars

08-93712299
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Museo Salon & Spa is an award winning hair salon and day spa, tucked away in a 1920's house in Mount Lawley in Perth. Come and experience our hair salon, spa & couple suites, Champagne pedicure lounge (pictured), relaxation lounge, bath pavilion and more.
Singapore, Singapore
“Just awful - will never go there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

As part of a weekend away, had booked in for an afternoon of pampering. Upon arrival, I was advised that the booking had been cancelled as staff hadn't been able to contact me about the booking and receive a credit card number to confirm (no other salon that I have been to has required this - and the staff were aware that I was overseas).

Staff made no efforts to accommodate me with any type of treatment (I would have been happy if they had managed to squeeze in on or two of my planned treatments).

There are plenty of competitors in the area - one of which accommodated me that afternoon.

Visited June 2011
MuseoSalonandSpa, Manager at Museo Salon & Spa, responded to this review, July 10, 2011
I understand how how disappointed you must have been that day, however as I tried to explain to you, we had left 5 messages on your mobile phone number (the number you gave to us) over the 2 weeks prior to your appointment asking you to please return our calls. The last message stated that we had just cancelled your appointment and to please call us back if there had been an error, and you would like to rebook.

Yes, we do take credit card details (as do most days spas) to secure appointments, as unfortunately otherwise some appointments may not show up. However you knew about this from the day you booked, and assured us you would call back with those details to secure your appointment, which you never did, despite the many messages.

On the day you came in, we were fully booked, and hence I couldn't just offer you the same time slot immediately, of course we wanted to try and find you another appointment at another time, however you were cursing and shouting at me, and didn't give me any opportunity to discuss anything with you.

Again, I am terribly sorry you were disappointed, we would have much rather that you came, got pampered and relaxed, and left feeling great....however after 12 years in business we have had many many many 'no show' appointments, and they are almost always when the appointment is unsecured by credit card details.

We are a very heavily booked day spa, and had had several enquiries for the same date & time. Yours was a 5 hour appointment, which we desperately didn't want to cancel, however we couldn't risk that you weren't going to show, and you hadn't give us any indication that you were going to come. We did make every effort to contact you, despite you being overseas, your mobile number still worked and we were able to leave messages.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other queries or concerns,
regards,