“Spacious, recently refurbished, clean room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
London
“Spacious, recently refurbished, clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

What a good value this motel is. I was hesitant to stay in a motel due to cleanliness/safety concerns but this one proved me wrong. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient, the room was very spacious and well appointed. Excellent selection of TV premium channels and free WiFi with strong signal were just a plus.
Bishop itself is not a big town but this motel's location on the main street/road ensured very short walks to the shops and restaurants.
Couple all of the above with an extremely good rate and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We arrived at this hotel with a group of people with 3 rooms reserved. When we arrived, one of the rooms was came up at an astronomical rate (holiday weekend, $249). The night manager worked really hard to fix things for us. She was able to move us to connecting rooms (one had a bar, which worked well since we had the 'fixins' to stock it). And the rate on the 2 rooms was actually a bit lower than what we originally booked it for. She (forget her name) was very helpful in taking care of everything. The rooms looked to have been remodeled recently, couldn't tell how long. The room smelled like new carpet when I walked in. The beds were comfortable and overall everything was clean. I don't know if they had a pool or not. Breakfast is the weak point here, a tiny little spot in the lobby was set up with waffles, juice, pastries and coffee. Plan to take the food to your room as there is no place to sit. But, there is a famous bakery down the street that supposed to be awesome. The parking slots are very very narrow, my truck barely fit. If staying in the area again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

The heater in my room would turn on every 10 minutes and was so loud that it reminded me of the I Love Lucy episode where they stayed in a place near a railroad track. The trains passing by in that episode were quieter than the heater at the Comfort Inn in Bishop. I searched for Ashton Kutcher because I couldn't believe it was really that loud. I though for sure I was being punked.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Fort Irwin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed here with small children and our 75 pound dog. It is a typical motel - older, a bit beat up, but clean and sufficient for the price. We were excited to find a hotel that took our well-behaved, but large, dog without question. Check in was quick and easy, the staff was polite, and we had no issues during our stay. If you are looking for 5 star accommodations or new and trendy then don't stay here. If you are looking for affordable, safe, and pet-friendly accommodations this is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
San Diego, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

I scheduled a stay in this motel over the internet because I am not familiar with the towl

Upon arrival, the desk clerk was outstanding and we checked in My wife looked at the beds and said that they sagged. I agreed, they looked like a sway backed horse.

The next morning, I went to the front office and complained about the beds and told him that the bedside alarm clock radio did not work. The day clerk said that he would take care of it that day so we left to visit family.

When we returned, the clock radio had not been replaced and the beds were still sagging. Nothing had been done.

Since we only had one more night to stay, we stayed but complained again. Then I found that the large number of mattresses stacked near the pool were from rooms. Apparently, they have a large number of complaints.

When we checked out, I asked when the beds would be replaced and was told that they do not know. I told them that before I stay again, I will have to be assured that the beds have been replaced.

Next time, no matter what, I will stay some where else because this hotel is not a bargain or even an average deal. We only stay in motels to sleep and if you cannot get a good nights sleep, what else do they have to offer.

If you are even thinking about it, when you call in, insist that you get a room with a new bed or I would recommend staying almost anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

we were passing through and stayed just to sleep. we tried a few motels but they either had no vacancy or were pretty expensive, this seemed like the best bet and we had a nice stay. the room was a nice size the bed was comfy and a decent TV. it was clean with a smallish bathroom.
the inn has a pool, continental breakfast and free internet at reception.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Stopped here 1 night between Yosemite and Death Valley/Las Vegas. Arrived 8pm ish, decided to get dinner first - and since local restaurants all close up at 9. By the time we checked in, they had messed up our reservation, instead of a 2 Queen, 1 King 2BR suite they only had a 3queen right near the lobby on the lower floor. We had requested a quiet room with nobody above us due to noise. The night staff had to wake a manager to approve switching us to two rooms on the second floor - next to each other, but not adjoining - this is inconvenient for family with children.

While waiting for the manager, the attendant explained that the central reservation system doesn't always match up guests with requested rooms - he showed me there would be problems the following night when they had a tour bus coming and would be full, and it had booked several guests in smoking rooms even though their reservation request was nonsmoking, and even though their comments specifically requested nonsmoking. His point was clear - it wasn't their fault, but Comfort Inn should fix the problem so guests aren't inconvenienced. While waiting I was able to use the business center.

The manager was very pleasant and apologetic, and the night attendant helped carry our bags from the first room upstairs and over to our new rooms. He didn't have to do that, it was nice of him especially as my children were of no help at that late hour.

Breakfast was okay - crowded small area, but staff was pleasant. We didn't swim - not just because we were getting on the road again, but also because the pool was dirty with leaves floating in it. Checkout was the same manager we had woken the night before, he was again very nice, friendly, asking if we needed directions, etc.

As we had driven through Bishop looking for a dinner option we noticed other hotels/motels, they looked very comparable to this one - all built years ago, right next to the road, none of them looked special either.

It wasn't a bad drive from here to Death Valley, we had enough time to see more of it than we should have in that 116 degree heat, and then on to Vegas. In hindsight, we probably should have skipped Bishop and DV altogether.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!