“An oasis” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“An oasis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our group of 20 people on 13 Harleys had riden from Los Angeles across the Mojave Desert. - unfortunately during the heat of the day, not good. It was the hottest day in over 4 years, so very, very hot.
Arriving into Bishop, and to the Holiday Inn there was a great relief. Whilst the hotel, infact the whole town, is geared more towards the winter (snow) trade, we were well looked after.
Most of our group either took to the showers, or straight into the pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Trese M, front desk at Holiday Inn Express Bishop, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our Hotel. We are happy to hear that you and your group were well looked after by our staff and you got to enjoy the swimming pool.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I visited Eastern Sierra four times and staid at this HIE three times. To me, this is the perfect location along I-395: one hour North of Lone Pine and one hour South of Mono Lake,with everything else in between such as 45 minutes to Mammoth Lakes, Taioga Pass and Yosemite Park, best hiking and beautiful scenery this part of the mountains has to offer. Bishop is the largest and most fun town amongst all towns along 395. The HIE has the nicest staff and the most carrying manager. Every day she wanted to know where I was going hiking and what was the expected return time, just in case I encounter trouble and I needed assistance. The hotel is very clean and although is right by the street, the rooms are quiet. The one lady Rosa tended to my room every day with absolute care. If anyone from HIE in Bishop reads this I want to thank you very much for a wonderful week in Eastern Sierra. You made my stay so much better. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Trese M, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Bishop, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Bishop, Ca. We appreiciate the kind words and we enjoyed having you here at our hotel. We look forward to your return and meeting your wife.
Pittsburg, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

It's fairly new, fresh, nice rooms, good staff, so why average? Well, it's on a narrow lot... Thus, instead of an elevator in the loblby, it's at the other end of the hall... The building is half a block long, elevator on one end, lobby in the middle... so, if you're bringing your luggage on a cart to a room in front, hike down to one end, up the elevator, hike down to the other end... Drop your luggage, and reverse your steps to return the cart... Of course you can use the steps, but not very well with luggage... The staff warns you right away, and tells you how to do it...

Room Tip: Make sure your room is near the elevator...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. Although the elevator seems to be in an inconveniant location we were built without one and it has been a wonderful addition to our hotel. If you can email me at trese@bishopexpress so I can get some personal information from you I can add a note to your profile stating you would prefer being close to the elevator. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed here overnight between Death Valley and Yosemite. Had one elevator at the end of the hotel opposite the lobby and then a long long hall to go down that was hot. Toilets are very low to the ground like they were designed for grade school children.

Stayed June 2014
Trese M, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Bishop, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. All comments are welcome and help us improve.
Walldorf, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

The floor plan of this hotel is very inconvenient with the elevator located at one extreme end and the reception at the other. Rooms are large enough but somehow manage to appear cramped. There is a guest laundry which is twice the price of similar facilities and washes half as clean. Breakfast buffet is out of juice and pancakes by 7:15. We asked at the reception and got the reply the breakfast person had to care. I don't know what kind of person that would be, nobody showed up in half an hour.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I would like some more information about your with us if you can please email me at trese@bishopexpress.com.
Coppell, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was on vacation with two of my teenage offspring, and we spent one night in Bishop. HI Express was very adequate for our purpose. Reception was courteous, even friendly. Breakfast next morning was adequate as expected. The room met ICH Group standards, i.e. nothing broken, stained or missing. The hotel is located in a safe area of town although I can't speak for Bishop in general because we spent most of our time hiking in the area. Still, though, Bishop seems like a lovely little town to relax the night away prior to travelling on to Yosemite or Death Valley. I recommend this HI Express.

Room Tip: It's not on a busy highway, so there aren't choice rooms, as I recall.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bishop, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Kwansaii,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ketchikan, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I hate to give a bad review to any HI since HI is my first choice for my business travel. The HI in Bishop is at the bottom 2 HI experiences that I can recall. There is 1 elevator at the extreme end of the hotel so have fun wrestling with your luggage up and down the steps if on the 2nd floor (like I was both nights). The rooms are dingy and very dated. The room on night 1 was not very clean as I could see the residual mess still on the table from the traveler before. I don't recommend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Trese M, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Bishop, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreiciate all responses so we have the chance to improve. I apologize that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and we will be able to change your mind about our property.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bishop? Share your experiences!