“Don't waste your money!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
Granbury, Texas
“Don't waste your money!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This entire structure needs to be leveled and rebuilt! Very visible and miserable (non-existant) maintenance throughout. Filthy carpets, sink stopped up, lousy pillows, torn and worn and UNSAFE indoor/outdoor carpet on the upstairs walkway. Budget hotel but still grossly overpriced for this dump! The ONLY positive comment I can provide is that the receptionist was very pleasant. AVOID THIS DUMP!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Woodland Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Reservation system worked well and personell at the property were very nice and effecient. The room, carpet and linens were clean and parking was good. However, being an older property the room interior is in need of an up date. The TV, beds and pillows left a lot to be desired. Given all this I consider it is a bit over priced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Atascadero, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I only wish that I would have taken the time to read all the bad reviews in TA, about this horrible motel, before making the huge error of staying! I have become a devoted reader of reviews now, because of this motel!

We hadn't planned on staying in Choice hotel, but this was the last one on our trip north and we wanted to take advantage of the special going on with Choice hotels. What a mistake!!!

When we went to check in the man at the desk, who seemed to be the manager or owner possibly, greeted us well enough. I asked to see the room we reserved, a king bed room, which was too small at our last hotel, and found it to be the same... too small. The man moved us to a double queen room and said he'd only add $5.00 USD more to the room charge. I guess they didn't observe the upgrade policy for Choice hotel members.

While I was gathering our bags to take into the new double room, my wife had to use the toilet. Before I entered the room, she came back out to inform me she had used the toilet, but could not flush it since it had no handle to flush the toilet with. I was confused and never heard of such a thing. I went in to inspect the toilet to find she was right??? NO handle on the toilet to flush it???

I went to the front desk again to complain, the same receptionist said he would be there soon to fix the toilet. We waited 15 minutes outside the room, he finally came and advised he didn't have a handle to install in the toilet and changed our room again to the room next to this defective toilet room. The new room had a refrigerator, but only half the size. We took it anyway since we were so tired. Upon further inspection of this nasty room, I found it to be so run down; with sink which had many cracks around the drain, the tub had wear marks to the black metal, there was mold all around the top edge of the walls in the bathroom, the bathroom was so small, it was hard to get out of it. The air conditioner was ancient, and there were marks and stains all over the walls and chipped floor moldings, and no clock in the room. I could go on and on about this horrible place, which has no value for any price.

The next morning my wife went to find decaf coffee, the reception guy said they don't make it anymore, the sweet rolls were cut in half, I guess to save money, no eggs, bacon, or sausages.

One word of advice... Do not stay here, unless you are desperate!!!!

I concur with all thr other bad reviews and I have photos to share, if anyone wishes to see them?

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Madera, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

While I did not expect a high-end experience at a budget motel, attention to basic maintenance would greatly enhance customer satisfaction. There were no guards on either sink or shower drains, it was a straight-shot down. The shower head was not adjustable, and so low-flow there was inadequate pressure for washing/rinsing below chest level; even had hecka trouble rinsing out shampoo! The light fixture on wall between beds did not work - at all. It was plugged in, I also tried switching bulbs with a working light, that wasn't the problem. The remaining lights shone directly into the face of sleepers. My traveling companion retires early, so I had to use the very cramped toilet/shower room in order to read & journal - not comfortable at all!

The room had a mini fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. There is a carb-heavy continental (no protein) breakfast offered. The apple juice was awful, had to pour it out. Also a pc in lobby for guest use, but slow connection.

Our room 142 was non-smoking, with no odor of smoke :)

Will very likely visit Bishop again, but definitely not this motel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I dont think anyone would be planning an extended stay in Bishop, probably just a night. In that case, my room was suitable, appeared clean enough. Thats about all I can say about the room. The breakfast was ok. They had a coffee maker in the room..I actually liked Bishop. They had quite a few dining options. All in all, no problem with my stay here.

Room Tip: no elevator, so prearrange a downstairs room if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel itself is dated but that's no real problem, it is also one of the cheapest around. Rooms are clean, swimmingpool is OK and service is very friendly. So good enough for passing through... On the room a fridge, microwave and coffemachine. Bathroom is tidy and clean. What else can we expect from a medium hotelroom for a low price?!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Barcelona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I reserved this hotel online the same afternoon, and when I arrived I had evidently chosen the next day by mistake (still don't understand how that happened). Anyway, they said we have no rooms, and you are booked for tomorrow. I asked them to cancel my reservation and could I use their internet to look for something else. Then they said "oh, we do have a room that could be ready in 20 minutes, but it will be 20-30 dollars more because it has two beds". I looked online, couldn't find anything, and told them ok (this took about 5 minutes). Magically, our new room was ready. So, you judge for yourself. A little bit dodgy in my opinion.
Part 2: For the price we paid, you would expect much better. I would have paid at most $40 dollars to stay here. Skip the breakfast at any price. Also was woken up at 6am by people tramping around upstairs.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay in the Bishop area, you better book ahead and avoid getting shafted by plac...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!