“A good stopping point” 4 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 21 hotels in Bishop
“A good stopping point”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Like most people, we were staying in Bishop on our way up to Yosemite and the Creekside Inn was a pleasant place to stay. The hotel was comfortable and breakfast was very good. We didn't end up with any view (the choices are supposedly Mountainside or Creekside), so it was a shame we didn't end up with either. Certainly not a deal-breaker though. Parking seemed a little limited, so if you get there late, you might struggle to park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

532 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Willits, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Four of us stayed here on August 12th and were so pleased to find a very comfortable room, including bed. Also it was a very clean. Our room was overlooking the creek and had a nice little balcony. After a long day on the road and a bad room the night before we were all very happy with this little respite. After settling in we were in good walking distance to go to dinner at Whiskey Creek Restaurant which we knew had good food. There actually were other restaurants that looked of interest in walking distance also. The ONLY slightly negative comments would be that there was not a microwave oven and the pillows didn't exactly meet our needs (luckily we travel with small pillows in case the pillows aren't good for our necks). We would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay any time we come through this area.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the creek seems like a must if possible but I'm sure all would be good.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I love a really nice hotel and I was scared when I booked this hotel. The price was as high as some of the nicer hotels I have stayed in but I was unsure. The tipping point for me was that many people had commented on the breakfast. I drove up to this hotel and was so pleasantly surprised. It has great curb appeal and is a beautiful place with nice rooms, a wonderful pool and hot tub and the best darn free hotel breakfast I have ever had. There were eggs, sausage, pastries, potatoes, cereal, fruit, it was just really nice and I figured covered any extra price for the room. I feel like the manager really cares about this hotel and I would stay here again, no question about it.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel was easy to find, checking in went smoothly, no one offered me any assistance (I walk with a limp and a cane), the rooms are adequate, the hall hasn't been recarpeted in about forty years (it's not dirty nor threadbare, but the style is really awful), the breakfast is hearty, but the room in which it is served was overcrowded the morning that we ate there,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Upon arrival, the front desk clerk reacted adequately to a discrepancy between the 'booked' price and the price he was about to charge us, adjusting the charge price to what it said on our booking email. Parking was more than adequate. There was a rodeo on in town at the time (apparently there almost always is) but despite having a full house the motel was not too noisy.

Be warned: 'mountain-side' does not mean mountain-view. Though from the price of the room I suppose I should have guess that. We were put on the ground floor right in the corner of an 'L' shape. We could see the car park, and other guests coming and going literally right outside our door. I think I had read reviews warning me about this before I booked, however, so I guess it was my own fault. All I can say is, go for a creekside room!

The courtyard/creekside is super cute and the little creek has ducks in it. The outside pool and spa are lovely - when we were there, there was no-one in either the pool or spa, despite it being a very warm late afternoon.

The breakfast left quite a lot to be desired, but all-in-all it was a decent night in Bishop. The self-service laundry was very appreciated!

Lots of restaurants and cafes within walking distance too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Booked this hotel as it was halfway between LA and Tahoe so thought it would be a good place to stopover. Was pleasantly surprised by this lovely hotel and by the fab town. Staff on reception very helpfully and breakfast was good. Really fantastic lakes and scenery nearby.

Room Tip: Chose the creekside option
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed one night here in June driving down back from Tahoe to LA.

We booked a second floor rear of the hotel creekside room with a balcony. Yes it may be a long walk but its really worth it.

Except for the JERK next door who had to have a loud SPEAKER enabled cell phone call while also sitting on his balcony, everything was terrific.

Check in would have been 100% except my name was misspelled which seemed to create more confusion than necessary. The room was extremely clean, large, with a very comfortable bed, and chair.

And with the exception of the JERK above, the hotel was very quiet at night.

There is a nice looking pool which we didn't use but others seemed happy splashing around. The pool curfew is enforced so splashing stops when it should.

The creekside rooms have a peaceful quality to them. You can see the resident ducks paddling around. People sit out and have wine and food.

WIFI was spotty in that there are several sub-networks and you have to switch around from time to time to get the best signal. But the WIFI is free so not complaints.

Breakfast in the morning was similar to many free breakfasts offered at chain hotels but the fruit was fresher. Biscuits were good. Eggs were unconvincing.

There's a great BBQ place - Texas BBQ - across the street. We had dinner there. Great tasting food. The always mentioned in context with Bishop Schat;s Bakery - great bread but clearly gone tourist - is next door.

A very useful Tourist Information Center is across the street.

Pricing was well below what I would have expected for a room this size and comfortable - hope they keep the pricing!

We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Second floor creekside at back of the hotel- might be long walk from elevator but definitely worth...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bishop Creekside Inn? Share your experiences!