“No elevator ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
Orange County, CA
“No elevator ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed on a Wednesday night en route to Mammoth. The room is huge and the bed is comfortable. The exhaust fan in the bathroom is so loud and noisy (same switch as the bathroom light). If you have a heavy luggage, there is no elevator. Waffle, cereal, hard boiled egg breakfast. Schatt's bakery is 2-3 doors down.

Stayed December 2013
lq6046gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for review we will certainly look into an elevator.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Santa Cruz, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very clean room and property. VERY close to Schat's Bakery! Heater was reasonably quiet, beds were comfortable and no road noise. Dogs are welcome and there was no charge. Beds are tiny (seemed even smaller than a full), but the sheets are nice, and the towels were large. The bathroom is TINY, like a challenge to get around door to get to toilet tiny. We spent the next night at the Vagabond, which had queen beds and the vanity and bath were separate giving us much more room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
lq6046gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thanks for the feedback we are currently working on making the bathrooms a little bigger.
Citrus Heights, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I made on online reservation on October 26th to stay November 8th. I then cancelled it online October 27th. Because I stayed at a different La Quinta, in a different State. I had the email showing the cancelation. I had also made reservations for another hotel for the same time period, and then cancelled them AT THE SAME TIME. My plans and hotels had changed. When I got home from my trip everything was fine so I deleted my emails. 3 days later this hotel charged my credit card for the night I didn't stay with them. I called them and asked why, they said I never cancelled, I told them I did and they asked for the email showing this. when I said I had deleted it they sad "too bad, if you have no proof, we are going to charge you". I explained how my trip had changed and how my situation was, they didn't want to listen, they stuck to their guns and refuse to refund my money. I called La Quinta guest services and explained my situation, the lady there said she understood and said she felt a refund was indeed warranted and contact the Hotel manager to ask for a refund for me. It's the end of the month and this cheap hotel that does not have a conscious still refuses to give me a refund even though I gave them a cancelation number, because I couldn't send them a copy of the entire email saying I cancelled the reservation. I will never stay at this dump and give them a penny of my money again. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Best Western that is in Bishop, when I was a truck driver, I frequently had a layover in Bishop and I stayed at the Best Western there, it is older, just like this La Quinta, but it is very quiet and well kept.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
lq6046gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you dont agree that you were charged a no-show fee. It is our policy to always give a cancellation number for customers that do cancel. We do understand plans do change. On the same note we do hold the rooms the entire night for our guests and do not give them away after a certain time.
Ridgecrest, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Since we brought our pet, we had to have a pet friendly hotel. So instead of the Creek Side Inn we were stuck with this place. We wanted to be near Schats Bakery and we were. The bakery was only 2 doors down. The Blonde girl that runs the front desk was very friendly and nice. We checked in around 11pm on a Friday night. We had just got settled and the better half was laying down to go to bed. Then the noise started. Sounded like the kids in the next room (Room 206) were running around the room and jumping on the bed. This continued till about 3am. I tried calling the front desk to complain but there was no answer. Then about 6am the kids started again, only this time they were running up and down the halls and screaming in the breakfast area. Since we were staying in the suite (Room 202) we hard every sound that came from the stairs and lobby. This is the nicest room in the Hotel. You would think that they would make it sound proof being so close to the lobby. That being said, I heard no noise coming from 395. All the noise was generated inside the hotel. The next night was much quieter but I could still hear each guest coming up or down the stairs. Around 7am as people started checking out I could hear them noisily carrying luggage down the stairs. Kept me awake this time. I got about 7 hours total sleep for two nights. We were so tired. Sunday morning we called down to the desk to ask for a late check out. We were told that too many people had asked for a late check out so we could have 11:15 if we wanted. Basically the answer was no. So the better half jumped in the shower. I could hear her screaming in pain because the water was so hot. Then she was screaming because the water was so cold. Hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold etc... And this all without touching the faucet. I called down to the lobby to ask if there was something running in the hotel. She said she could send a maintenance man up. RIGHT! Anyway, I told her never mind, she was done anyway. So basically if you stay here don't take a shower! We raced down to get checked out expecting a long line. Nope. No one was at the desk, only us. We looked out at the parking lot and there were only two cars. Ok, late check out, lots of people, right. I guess the moral of the story is don't even think about asking for a late check out. The answer is NO! Get out at 11am period. I honestly don't think I could recommend staying here. I will probably stay elsewhere next time in Bishop. Maybe Holiday Express Inn next time.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the suite (Room 202) too noisy and too close to the lobby. Try staying more in th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn and Suites are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

We hope to see you again soon.
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

we stayed here for one night on our way to yosemite national park. It was a nice place to stop in, even though if I get to yosemite again, and i hope i will do, I will try and stay IN the park so you can stretch the visit longer.

The hotel is super comfortable! we came in with our son who desperately needed a diaper change. The Lady at the desk who was very efficient got us checked in in one minute so we can go into our room as quickly as possible.

The room is clean and fresh with coffee maker and big tv and clean bathroom. the beds are the right balance of firm so i finally got a good sleep. they also serve breakfast with waffles, fruit, cereal, breads with spreads and more.

right in back of hotel there is a bowling ally my husband went to with our friends.

Room Tip: there is no elevator to second top floor so travelers should ask for 1st floor if theory have stroll...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
lq6046gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for the great review we hope to see you again!
Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The room at this La Quinta Inn is clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly. The breakfast area is too small/cramped. There is no pool. The location is in "downtown" Bishop. Several restaurants are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn Bishop - Mammoth Lakes? Share your experiences!