“BBQ with pizzazz” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
MESA
“BBQ with pizzazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm sure Holy Smoke has all the traditional BBQ faves, but I'm always one for trying unique combinations, and they deliver ... deliciously! (Dieters beware...don't think anything we tried would qualify for a heart-healthy, lo-calorie meal plan.)

Visited November 2013

Reno, Nevada
“A must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We drive through Bishop about 4 times a year. We have eaten in most of the restaurants there over the years. I can not remember a time when both of us kept saying it was the best food ever . I had the pulled pork and he had the tri tip. I said several times, yours can't be as good as mine. Then I tried his. It was the most tender and flavorful tri tip in the world. We told the owner how much we loved it and she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. With her cute accent and every staff member checking on us, could it get any better? No.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lander, Wyoming
“Good, reasonably priced BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a BBQ joint and food is served on paper plates and trays. The brisket was some of the most juicy I've ever had and the sausages were terrific. The pulled pork was average. I didn't try the ribs but they looked good. The server was friendly and competent, the wine (just splits) was icy cold and the beer looked to be the same. The prices were very good for the quantity of food served. I saw no evidence of any religious slant to the place; since I am not interested in strangers' religious beliefs, I would have been very aware of any religiousity.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
marina del rey
“overpriced & overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

wish the BBQ was better than what it was... for the prices we should be better than paper plates and plastic utensils...

Visited November 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Weird”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

A weird restaurant, with a weird menu, run by some weird people. I have no issue with people having their religious beliefs, whether they be Christian, Muslim Jewish or Jedi knights, but I do object to being subliminally force fed bible bashing Christianity whilst eating my dinner. In addition to that we were given paper plates and plastic knives and forks. If you like weird give it a whirl, if you want a nice meal go elsewhere

Visited September 2013

Been to Holy Smoke Texas BBQ? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Holy Smoke Texas BBQ, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.