“absolutely the worst motel we've stayed at!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bishop

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Bishop to your Saves list
Motel 6 Bishop
1005 North Main Street, US 395/US 6, north of SR 168/West Line Street, Bishop, CA 93514   |
Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Bishop
Lakewood, Washington
“absolutely the worst motel we've stayed at!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

After a long day of driving down the eastern side of California we decided to stop in the isolated desolate town of Bishop, California for the night. Motel 6 is one of, I think, four motels located here. The time was about 6:30 and there was a short line in front of us. Well, it got to be our turn a and I asked for a single room with a queen bed. She said that will be $135.00 for the night.
Unbelieveable!!
After putting up a mild argument we had to pay or travel another 120 miles in the middle of the desert to the next town. The room was absolutely horrible: a run down bed, no rug, tiny bathroom, intermittent wi-fi, some unidentified bugs crawling on the wall, beat up old 10 year old TV....just a motel out of hell.
This was a total ripoff from the git go. Now, this is true for Bishop, a run down burg that time forgot in the middle of no where.I thought I had warped back into some Stephen King horror novel. Denny's, across the street, served food that can only be described as barely edible...the the gas at the stations there was $4.99 a gallon.
Oh, year, for your $135.95 a night you got luke warm, bitter coffee with a cold glazed roll......and a send off of 'have a nice day.'
Do not stay here if you can help it!!

Room Tip: the services above were nonexistant. I wish I would have taken some photos of this animal shelter. I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear jade hawk,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness and maintenance issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed at the Motel 6 in Bishop, Ca. on 10-22-13 and 10-23-13 .
We stayed there while looking at fall colors. Our rooms were great love the new look
and the floors, the rooms were so clean. The staff was great and acted like we were the only visitors they had..
If we are ever back we will make a point to stay there.. thank you Motel 6 for a most enjoyable stay....

Room Tip: A good tip is for all please try the Motel 6 . All the rooms are large, clean and quite...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tevis V, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Happcampers93,
Our team members love this review! We are so grateful that you had such a wonderful stay with us here at our Motel 6 in Bishop. We strive to make each guest feel like this is their home away from home. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of seeing you again next fall!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Everything in Bishop is a bit higher priced and you may be surprised to see the cost of the motel 6. But over the years I have stayed here many times and the newly remodel rooms are very nice. This is a good value.
The WiFi was not working in the back building - which was an annoyance - but everything else was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dave97210,
Thank you for input regarding your stay with us! We are happy that you appreciate the good value that our Motel 6 provides. We aim for superior service with some of the lowest rates in town. We are very pleased that you liked the new rooms and look forward to seeing you again soon!
West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here while doing some hiking nearby. Room was in good condition and clean. I liked the hardwood floor in place of carpeting as it feels cleaner to me. Room was very large. Check in and check out were hassle free. Only issue was that I've stayed down the road in Independence at the Independence Inn and for almost half the price of Motel 6. That option was booked so I chose Motel 6 (actually recommended to me by Independence Inn). Bishop has a lot to offer and perhaps that is partial reason for the price differential.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Adhphde,
We are glad that you feel the recommendation to stay at our Motel 6 was well met! We strive to offer the best rates while also providing superior customer service. We hope that next time you visit Bishop, you will decide to stay with us again.
Willebroek, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

You can see these rooms are recently renovated!
Everything looks new and shiny.
The TV is huge!
With your key, you get a discount at a good Italian restaurant nearby.
Also, a microwave and refrigerator are present in the room.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the lot might more quite due to the very busy street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tevis V, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Jelle B,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as your meal at ‘The Upper Crust’ Gourmet Pizza & Italian Restaurant! We are proud to offer many amenities, including 10% discounts with some of our nearby restaurants. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Bishop!
Yerington, Nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The remodeled rooms were great. The addition of good sized refrigerators and a microwave were a huge benefit since drivers often have to stay for more than one night. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. the only thing missing was a continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Leland S,
Thank you so much for this 5 Star review! We are happy that you like the new rooms as much as we do. The response to the newly remodeled rooms has been overwhelmingly positive. On your next visit, please be sure to take advantage of the 10% discount at the Denny’s across the street, as they are open 24 hours and we know that truckers have early mornings. Thank you once more and we hope to meet you again soon!
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had read reviews here and thought Motel 6 would be a fine choice. I don't look for anything fancy, and I didn't expect a lot, but I would have hoped for more.

The room was quite large. No carpet, but fake wood flooring. That's just okay (and good for allergies) but there was a gigantic empty space. I joked to my husband that we could have held a dance in there!). The furnishings are minimal. To hard chairs, a "half table" and king sized bed. The bed was a stiffer sort of mattress but was fine. The walls are paper thin and we could here everything next door as well as the dog barking below. The heater was incredibly noisy. There was also a microwave and fridge in the room, but we didn't use those so I can't say much about them. There is no hair dryer, and you have to pay for shampoo if you've forgotten yours.

The place had been redone, and it was in a rather plain IKEA sort of looking style. The orange walls were empty aside from the TV. While they clearly spend time remodeling they didn't update the bathroom. The shower ran hot then cold. The toilet didn't flush properly.

And then there was the "Free Internet". I realize one could say we got what we paid for, as it never worked for longer than a few minutes. I called the front desk about this but nothing changed.

A man was checking out before I did and the hotel staff gave him a card and said to be sure and review the hotel as they wanted to know what people thought of the new decor and the service. As I checked out I told her about our internet problems. Oddly enough she didn't offer me that same card so that I could review the hotel and service.

All in all it was a very disappointing stay.

Room Tip: I can't imagine anything will be different room-to-room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Patty,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the noise and WiFi issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Been to Motel 6 Bishop? Share your experiences!