“good deal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bishop

You added Motel 6 Bishop to your Saves list
Motel 6 Bishop
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1005 North Main Street, US 395/US 6, north of SR 168/West Line Street, Bishop, CA 93514   |
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
Akron, Ohio
“good deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my first time to stay in a motel with a laminated floor, and I really liked it. Perhaps also because the motel was recently remodeled, there really weren't any odors in the room, including none of that stuff that is usually sprayed to cover up undesirable smells. The room was basic though large, so there was extra space. No painting on the walls yet. My only complaint was that it was dark in the room unless you open the curtain to let in outside light during the day. There are two reading lights on either side of the king size bed, and the main light is behind the TV. There are, however, bright lights in the bathroom and sink area. The pool is tiny but refreshing after a hot day on the road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Aquachef79, Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear ladylodger,

We are very happy that you enjoyed our Motel 6 in Bishop! We acquired the hotel in January, 2013. We assessed the property and felt that it was in a desperate need of renovations; we basically gutted each of our rooms and started over. From the 32" flat-panel TVs to laminate floors to new beds to new bedding package to new stone vanity areas and including our lobby, we redesigned our Motel 6 so we could exceed the expectations of our guests. And last week, we just recently installed new fridges and microwaves to each of our rooms. In addition, we have negotiated with Denny's Diner (across the street) - they will offer our guests a 10% discount when you show them your room key. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

Niral

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cesena, Italy
1,569 helpful votes 1,569 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

we spent only one night. Rather clean even if after taking a shower, my feet got dirty walking around the bathroom, I ended up laying towels down on the floor everywhere I stepped. Front desk was nice enough and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our room had no hot water and the faucet wasn't working properly. A call to the front desk was not answered despite someone being there (we went down to ask in person). Ended up with just a lukewarm shower on a cold winter night. No central heating. Heat source is very noisy air conditioner that doesn't reach the bathroom. First and last visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our room was only $60 and we were just passing through for the night but next time. After taking a shower, my feet got dirty walking around the bathroom, I ended up laying towels down on the floor everywhere I stepped. Front desk was nice enough. Sheets are very thin and bedspread is circa 1985. My husband thought it was fine for the night and price but next time, I will splurge and pay more for something a little better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kernville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here on August 31,2012, when i arrived I requested a roon with 2 beds to accomadate myslef and my 2 children, at first I was told they had a room with 2 beds available, but then was told that because I had 2 children, I was being given a room with 1 bed and they would provide me with a roll-away bed.

When I first went in the room, it appeared clean, smelled fresh and in good order, however after leaving the room and returning 6 hours later, the room smelled stale and musty. During the night, the noise from the nearby Hwy, was non-stop, and while I was trying to sleep, it felt like something was crawling on me.

In the morning, I discovered that not only myself but both my kids, including my disabled daughter, had numerous bites on our bodies, it was determined after we returned home that the bites were caused by bed bugs.

I would not reccommend staying at this establihment

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in Room 204. Beds were comfy, sink, shower, etc. were all nice and clean and carpet was vacuumed. However, they should shampoo the carpets once in a while because they were quite dirty. Nonetheless, our stay was very pleasant and the price was quite a bit less than neighboring hotels. Room had a small fridge and a nice TV (no microwave in our room) and was a great value for the price. I would definitely stay here again my next trip through Bishop.

Room Tip: Choose upper floor to avoid noise from above, and close to the office so you're close to coffee...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nothridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My son and I enjoyed the clean, spacious, and quiet room. The mattresses were firm. We were pleasantly surprised at how large the room was and that included a refrigerator and microwave. We would definitely stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Motel6BishopCA, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our motel. I am glad you had a comfortable night sleep. I will mention to housekeeping that they are doing a fine job keeping this motel nice and clean. I am glad you are going to be coming back to our motel. You are welcome with open arms.

Araceli Arellano

Been to Motel 6 Bishop? Share your experiences!