“Not sure it's worth the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bishop

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Bishop to your Saves list
Motel 6 Bishop
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1005 North Main Street, US 395/US 6, north of SR 168/West Line Street, Bishop, CA 93514   |
Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Bishop
San Diego, California
“Not sure it's worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our room was only $60 and we were just passing through for the night but next time. After taking a shower, my feet got dirty walking around the bathroom, I ended up laying towels down on the floor everywhere I stepped. Front desk was nice enough. Sheets are very thin and bedspread is circa 1985. My husband thought it was fine for the night and price but next time, I will splurge and pay more for something a little better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kernville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here on August 31,2012, when i arrived I requested a roon with 2 beds to accomadate myslef and my 2 children, at first I was told they had a room with 2 beds available, but then was told that because I had 2 children, I was being given a room with 1 bed and they would provide me with a roll-away bed.

When I first went in the room, it appeared clean, smelled fresh and in good order, however after leaving the room and returning 6 hours later, the room smelled stale and musty. During the night, the noise from the nearby Hwy, was non-stop, and while I was trying to sleep, it felt like something was crawling on me.

In the morning, I discovered that not only myself but both my kids, including my disabled daughter, had numerous bites on our bodies, it was determined after we returned home that the bites were caused by bed bugs.

I would not reccommend staying at this establihment

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in Room 204. Beds were comfy, sink, shower, etc. were all nice and clean and carpet was vacuumed. However, they should shampoo the carpets once in a while because they were quite dirty. Nonetheless, our stay was very pleasant and the price was quite a bit less than neighboring hotels. Room had a small fridge and a nice TV (no microwave in our room) and was a great value for the price. I would definitely stay here again my next trip through Bishop.

Room Tip: Choose upper floor to avoid noise from above, and close to the office so you're close to coffee...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nothridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My son and I enjoyed the clean, spacious, and quiet room. The mattresses were firm. We were pleasantly surprised at how large the room was and that included a refrigerator and microwave. We would definitely stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Motel6BishopCA, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our motel. I am glad you had a comfortable night sleep. I will mention to housekeeping that they are doing a fine job keeping this motel nice and clean. I am glad you are going to be coming back to our motel. You are welcome with open arms.

Araceli Arellano
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My Grandson and I stayed here while doing some fishing in the Bishop/Owens River area. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. They even had some good advice on where the fish were biting. We are definitely going to be staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you had a good experience with us and hope you come back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Araceli Arellano
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

A road trip with our dog made this our first stop; an advance reservation was made. A cheery front desk attendant reminded us that coffee was available the next morning. The room, 104, was clean, had ample storage and hangers and a refrigerator. Motel 6 properties can be hit-or-miss, but this Motel 6 property was well worth the stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice word concerning our motel. Our employees like to hear compliments about them doing a good job. I will also mention to housekeeping that they are doing a fine job keeping this motel nice and clean. I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.
Desert Hot Springs, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I and our dog traveled 1200 miles up the 395 and back. We had the most pleasant stay at the Motel 6 in Bishop. The room was clean and spacious. The mattresses were very comfortable. The young lady who check us in was very gracious. The price was the best of our whole trip. Be sure to ask about a senior citizen discount or AAA discount. We will stay there next time, for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words regarding our motel. We strive to make sure every guest has wonderful stay. I will let our staff know of your comments; they love to hear compliments about them and the motel! I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Motel 6 Bishop? Share your experiences!