“Great value for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bishop

Orbitz.com Hotelsclick.com
Motel 6 Bishop
1005 North Main Street, US 395/US 6, north of SR 168/West Line Street, Bishop, CA 93514   |
Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Bishop
Boulder, Colorado
“Great value for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in Room 204. Beds were comfy, sink, shower, etc. were all nice and clean and carpet was vacuumed. However, they should shampoo the carpets once in a while because they were quite dirty. Nonetheless, our stay was very pleasant and the price was quite a bit less than neighboring hotels. Room had a small fridge and a nice TV (no microwave in our room) and was a great value for the price. I would definitely stay here again my next trip through Bishop.

Room Tip: Choose upper floor to avoid noise from above, and close to the office so you're close to coffee...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nothridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My son and I enjoyed the clean, spacious, and quiet room. The mattresses were firm. We were pleasantly surprised at how large the room was and that included a refrigerator and microwave. We would definitely stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Motel6BishopCA, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our motel. I am glad you had a comfortable night sleep. I will mention to housekeeping that they are doing a fine job keeping this motel nice and clean. I am glad you are going to be coming back to our motel. You are welcome with open arms.

Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My Grandson and I stayed here while doing some fishing in the Bishop/Owens River area. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. They even had some good advice on where the fish were biting. We are definitely going to be staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you had a good experience with us and hope you come back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

A road trip with our dog made this our first stop; an advance reservation was made. A cheery front desk attendant reminded us that coffee was available the next morning. The room, 104, was clean, had ample storage and hangers and a refrigerator. Motel 6 properties can be hit-or-miss, but this Motel 6 property was well worth the stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice word concerning our motel. Our employees like to hear compliments about them doing a good job. I will also mention to housekeeping that they are doing a fine job keeping this motel nice and clean. I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.
Desert Hot Springs, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I and our dog traveled 1200 miles up the 395 and back. We had the most pleasant stay at the Motel 6 in Bishop. The room was clean and spacious. The mattresses were very comfortable. The young lady who check us in was very gracious. The price was the best of our whole trip. Be sure to ask about a senior citizen discount or AAA discount. We will stay there next time, for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words regarding our motel. We strive to make sure every guest has wonderful stay. I will let our staff know of your comments; they love to hear compliments about them and the motel! I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.
Buena Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The rooms were about average for a motel 6.

The TV was very old and could not be used for NexFlix streaming.

There are many places nearby but most are just out of reach for a short walk.

Parking was a little crowded, but there was just enough spaces.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I had an unexpected overnight stay in Bishop over the 4th of July holiday, so I knew I was going to be paying top dollar and that I couldn't be too picky about any lodging that I could find without a reservation. I've stayed at Motel 6 before so I decided to check in here.

The good news was that they had an available room and that the price, while not exactly "budget," was still reasonable given what everybody else in the area was asking.

The bad news: well, it was around 100 during the day in the Owens Valley, and the room felt about as hot even at 10 PM when I checked in. It took the A/C almost two hours running at full blast to get the room cool enough to be able to sleep. The A/C also had not been cleaned in some time as well.

The bed was falling apart. I took off the bedspread (note to budget motel managers -- just take them all in a pile and burn these, nobody is impressed by them) and could see the rips in the box spring cover. I was a bit worried about fire due to all the extension cords and even the fridge was plugged into a power strip. The rest of the room was "mediocre" in terms of cleanliness.

But the big surprise was the bathroom. Normally, this is where you see shortcuts in housekeeping and maintenance. I've stayed in lodging "superior" to Motel 6 that had bathrooms with mold in tile grout and/or were beat up or falling apart. So after seeing the room, I expected the bathroom to be pretty bad. However, the bathroom was SPOTLESS! No mold anywhere. The linoleum wasn't peeling, and neither was the paint on the walls and door. The plumbing provided good water pressure and decently hot water for a shower. The towels were thin and scratchy, but that's typical for Motel 6.

Once the room got cool enough, I did get a good night's rest. My room was very close to Main Street/Highway 395 but I couldn't hear traffic at all. Parking was OK but if you tow a trailer you may have an issue as the lot is long but narrow and has no back exit that I could tell. Like the other lodging along 395, there is no street parking allowed. For dining convenience there some restaurants across the street including Denny's, KFC, and Taco Bell, and Starbucks is a block away.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
M6bishop, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the 4094 Bishop. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to 4094 Bishop.

Bishop, CA Motel 6
760-873-8426

Been to Motel 6 Bishop? Share your experiences!