“Good value and spotlessly clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bishop

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Bishop to your Saves list
Motel 6 Bishop
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1005 North Main Street, US 395/US 6, north of SR 168/West Line Street, Bishop, CA 93514   |
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good value and spotlessly clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

A road trip with our dog made this our first stop; an advance reservation was made. A cheery front desk attendant reminded us that coffee was available the next morning. The room, 104, was clean, had ample storage and hangers and a refrigerator. Motel 6 properties can be hit-or-miss, but this Motel 6 property was well worth the stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Motel6BishopCA, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your nice word concerning our motel. Our employees like to hear compliments about them doing a good job. I will also mention to housekeeping that they are doing a fine job keeping this motel nice and clean. I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Desert Hot Springs, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I and our dog traveled 1200 miles up the 395 and back. We had the most pleasant stay at the Motel 6 in Bishop. The room was clean and spacious. The mattresses were very comfortable. The young lady who check us in was very gracious. The price was the best of our whole trip. Be sure to ask about a senior citizen discount or AAA discount. We will stay there next time, for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words regarding our motel. We strive to make sure every guest has wonderful stay. I will let our staff know of your comments; they love to hear compliments about them and the motel! I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.
Buena Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The rooms were about average for a motel 6.

The TV was very old and could not be used for NexFlix streaming.

There are many places nearby but most are just out of reach for a short walk.

Parking was a little crowded, but there was just enough spaces.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I had an unexpected overnight stay in Bishop over the 4th of July holiday, so I knew I was going to be paying top dollar and that I couldn't be too picky about any lodging that I could find without a reservation. I've stayed at Motel 6 before so I decided to check in here.

The good news was that they had an available room and that the price, while not exactly "budget," was still reasonable given what everybody else in the area was asking.

The bad news: well, it was around 100 during the day in the Owens Valley, and the room felt about as hot even at 10 PM when I checked in. It took the A/C almost two hours running at full blast to get the room cool enough to be able to sleep. The A/C also had not been cleaned in some time as well.

The bed was falling apart. I took off the bedspread (note to budget motel managers -- just take them all in a pile and burn these, nobody is impressed by them) and could see the rips in the box spring cover. I was a bit worried about fire due to all the extension cords and even the fridge was plugged into a power strip. The rest of the room was "mediocre" in terms of cleanliness.

But the big surprise was the bathroom. Normally, this is where you see shortcuts in housekeeping and maintenance. I've stayed in lodging "superior" to Motel 6 that had bathrooms with mold in tile grout and/or were beat up or falling apart. So after seeing the room, I expected the bathroom to be pretty bad. However, the bathroom was SPOTLESS! No mold anywhere. The linoleum wasn't peeling, and neither was the paint on the walls and door. The plumbing provided good water pressure and decently hot water for a shower. The towels were thin and scratchy, but that's typical for Motel 6.

Once the room got cool enough, I did get a good night's rest. My room was very close to Main Street/Highway 395 but I couldn't hear traffic at all. Parking was OK but if you tow a trailer you may have an issue as the lot is long but narrow and has no back exit that I could tell. Like the other lodging along 395, there is no street parking allowed. For dining convenience there some restaurants across the street including Denny's, KFC, and Taco Bell, and Starbucks is a block away.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
M6bishop, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the 4094 Bishop. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to 4094 Bishop.

Araceli Arellano
Bishop, CA Motel 6
760-873-8426
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Our room was very large, the WiFi was free, unlike some others, the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a good night's sleep and had everything we needed. The pool is clean and so was the room. There are many restaurants close by, so we walked to one when we stayed. Makes a change from having to take the car out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cernusco sul Naviglio, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Visiting the California from north to south in the back of the Sierra Nevada, we find this place to stay for just one night. The welcome desk was very friendly and the room clean and quiet. We had a very good rest for a reasonable price. I would reccomend this hotel to the people that want to make a stop along the road. Also just in front of the hotel there is one my preferred breackfast place in USA ... Denny's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lakewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

First time staying here, as mostly all of the other hotels in town were booked with 2-night minimum stays required for the holiday weekend. Staff was exceptionally friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was reasonably priced, and it was more spacious than we anticipated. Beds were comfortable. Although the hotel is older, the room was very clean and the sitting area was an added bonus, although the table needed some repair. It was a basic hotel room, but it was better than expected. We will stay here again on our next drive through Bishop.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
M6bishop, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4094 Bishop. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Araceli Arellano
Bishop, CA Motel 6

Been to Motel 6 Bishop? Share your experiences!