“Nice place to just get through the night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Townhouse Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bishop
Townhouse Motel
Save Saved
You added Townhouse Motel to your Saves list
625 N Main St, Bishop, CA   |
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“Nice place to just get through the night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We got to Bishop and needed place to stay for a night. we check other Inn or Motel the price is not in our budget. Then we got to this townhouse... just want to know how much before we really commit to stay. As soon as I got out the car, a puppy came by and greeting me with her kisses. Its the cheapest motel and need some work. For me the most Important things are comfortable bed and hot shower, and this motel have those 2 things. It serve what its for a place to sleep NOT a place to hang-out, relaxing and enjoy the room service kind of place.
Note: You will probably get the loud noise from the old style (window) AC and when you turn on the shower

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is the most disgusting place I've ever stayed at. The motel looks like it was stuck in the 70s. Carpet looks so old and dirty. There's stains on the comforters, old gross furniture. The extra mattress that came with the room was not only filthy but broken. Ceiling is stained. No fire alarm so that's a safety hazard. Broken tile bits in the bathroom. Very dim lighting with old lamps on a cheap desk. Faded and dirty curtains with blinds. The office in the front has a dirty carpet as well, with a 13 year old kid in charge. Who the hell runs this place? No extra toilet paper. Pool area is dirty with broken stained chairs. The towels in our room were not clean they were dirty and stained. I only stayed here cuz I didn't have a choice and it was already paid. But this is not worth staying here. It's so gross you don't wanna touch anything. There's a McDonalds across the street and the bathroom is cleaner then this place. There's other hotels and inns across the street. Next time I come to bishop I'm staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went to Bishop for my summer vacation, mountaineering in the area, and have tried several motels there. This one was the cheapest, and although you can see that the ground has suffered from previous management, you can also tell that things are improving and the motel could be back to its former glory (when John Wayne was staying there while shooting Western movies in Lone Pine !!).
I wish them well, and this initiative should be encouraged. Don't expect three stars, but you will spend a good night and if your are curious, meet nice people.
I also recommend the nearby mountain wonders : Bishop is the gate for the Palisades and the magic Mosquito Flat area... Try it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We were going into the mountains around Bishop, and needed a place to stay for the night. We found the Townhouse Motel, and got a room upstairs.

This was truly a terrible room. Not only was there a deficiency, there was a multitude of them. The most shocking moment of my stay was the use of the bathroom. Upon flushing the toilet, the flush handle came off with little pressure, and continued to release water into the bowl until the water flow was stopped manually, by reaching into the toilet's plumbing.

Late June marks a time of remarkable heat, something the small, dilapidated and generally sub-par AC unit could not correct. Even after the AC was on full blast for six hours, the room still maintained a sweltering eighty degrees.

Third of all, while the shower functions, and has hot water, the shower head is at my shoulder level, and cannot be adjusted, forcing me into awkward position while showering (I'm 6'1", so I can by no means be classified as a tall outlier). The light-switch is also behind the towel rack, making for a strange "switch-chase" during the night.

While the motel isn't absolutely terrible (although the pool is quite jenky), it is definitely a good idea to spend that extra $30 to go to a better motel.

• Stayed June 2014
Bishop, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Came to Bishop for a work trip and needed a nice, comfortable place stay the night. Found this little gem, TownHouse motel. It's a quiet mom and pop place. I was greeted by a super energetic puppy and a very welcoming service manager. Prices were the best in town and location was ideal. It was a no-brainer for me after that. I recommend this place to anyone who needs a safe, quiet, and friendly place to stay. I'm definitely coming back!

• Stayed May 2014
Cusco, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The new owners are fixing this place after taking it over a short time ago. We stayed in one of the new rooms and it had everything we needed. Being the best rate in town, I have no doubt we will be stopping by again. Clean, cute, and affordable.

• Stayed April 2014
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I booked a room at the Motel for one night in April to split our trip from Reno to Newport Beach. However, due to an unexpected change in plans we decided to make the drive straight to the beach. We stopped at the Townhouse to cancel our reservation at about 6pm. The women at the desk was so pleasant and said this would be no problem and there would be no charge to my credit card. REALLY? WOW! Although we did not even call ahead! Very nice of them and we will be sure to stay here the next trip and Thank You!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Townhouse Motel? Share your experiences!