“New and friendly management, and improving quality at affordable prices” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Townhouse Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bishop
Townhouse Motel
You added Townhouse Motel to your Saves list
625 N Main St, Bishop, CA   |
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“New and friendly management, and improving quality at affordable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went to Bishop for my summer vacation, mountaineering in the area, and have tried several motels there. This one was the cheapest, and although you can see that the ground has suffered from previous management, you can also tell that things are improving and the motel could be back to its former glory (when John Wayne was staying there while shooting Western movies in Lone Pine !!).
I wish them well, and this initiative should be encouraged. Don't expect three stars, but you will spend a good night and if your are curious, meet nice people.
I also recommend the nearby mountain wonders : Bishop is the gate for the Palisades and the magic Mosquito Flat area... Try it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We were going into the mountains around Bishop, and needed a place to stay for the night. We found the Townhouse Motel, and got a room upstairs.

This was truly a terrible room. Not only was there a deficiency, there was a multitude of them. The most shocking moment of my stay was the use of the bathroom. Upon flushing the toilet, the flush handle came off with little pressure, and continued to release water into the bowl until the water flow was stopped manually, by reaching into the toilet's plumbing.

Late June marks a time of remarkable heat, something the small, dilapidated and generally sub-par AC unit could not correct. Even after the AC was on full blast for six hours, the room still maintained a sweltering eighty degrees.

Third of all, while the shower functions, and has hot water, the shower head is at my shoulder level, and cannot be adjusted, forcing me into awkward position while showering (I'm 6'1", so I can by no means be classified as a tall outlier). The light-switch is also behind the towel rack, making for a strange "switch-chase" during the night.

While the motel isn't absolutely terrible (although the pool is quite jenky), it is definitely a good idea to spend that extra $30 to go to a better motel.

• Stayed June 2014
Bishop, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Came to Bishop for a work trip and needed a nice, comfortable place stay the night. Found this little gem, TownHouse motel. It's a quiet mom and pop place. I was greeted by a super energetic puppy and a very welcoming service manager. Prices were the best in town and location was ideal. It was a no-brainer for me after that. I recommend this place to anyone who needs a safe, quiet, and friendly place to stay. I'm definitely coming back!

• Stayed May 2014
Cusco, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The new owners are fixing this place after taking it over a short time ago. We stayed in one of the new rooms and it had everything we needed. Being the best rate in town, I have no doubt we will be stopping by again. Clean, cute, and affordable.

• Stayed April 2014
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I booked a room at the Motel for one night in April to split our trip from Reno to Newport Beach. However, due to an unexpected change in plans we decided to make the drive straight to the beach. We stopped at the Townhouse to cancel our reservation at about 6pm. The women at the desk was so pleasant and said this would be no problem and there would be no charge to my credit card. REALLY? WOW! Although we did not even call ahead! Very nice of them and we will be sure to stay here the next trip and Thank You!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Berkeley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a bare-bones, dilapidated budget motel, probably good value for the price. But the high Tripadvisor ranking is absurd, buoyed by several very suspicious reviews. You get what you pay for.

A standard American hotel chain in a populated area provides amenities like hair dryers, room temperature control, a telephone, furniture in good repair, adequate bedside reading lights, and 2 pillows per person. The Townhouse provided none of these. Our room was dismal. We booked this motel based on the glowing Tripadvisor reviews. Our next Bishop motel--we are frequent visitors and there are more than a dozen to choose from--will cost a lot more, and it will be worth every penny.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in proximity to the barbecue area, as noise will be a problem.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jen S, Manager at Townhouse Motel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We just took over management and have started remodeling rooms. Because we have only been here for 5 months having got 3 rooms remodeled and those rooms come with shaving mirror's, two pillows per person, hair dryers, new heating and cooling. We are working our hardest to make this place better and with money and a years time it will be the luxurious motel that you are seeking. Please make sure to check back as it only gets better one room at a time. and ask for a remodeled room and if available you will see why the great reviews.

Thanks
Tom and Jen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I have been A patron at the Townhouse Motel for the past 6 months off and on. The motel is comfy clean with a classic hometown feeling Every employee is courteous and caring They go out of their way to meet all of my familys needs. I will continue to visit again and again

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Townhouse Motel? Share your experiences!