“"Beware"” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Bishop
Los Angeles, California
“"Beware"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I spent the night of June 12th 2014 at this motel due to the reasonable room rate since I was just looking for a place to sleep for the night. What an expensive stay it was ! When I checked out the following morning I inadvertently left something of value ( about $500.00) on the dresser when I packed. I discovered it missing when I unpacked my suitcase when I arrived home and immediately called the motel Manager to inform him that I left this piece on the dresser when I left, he checked the room and of course said he found nothing but would check with the housekeeper to see if she found the item, and of course her story was the same of the Managers. I made a crime report to the Bishop Police Department and they sent an officer to investigate and when he questioned the staff of course he received the same answer that was given to me. My advice is DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL, if you value your belongings.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Bled, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

What you pay is what you get. The room was huge and with a very big bed. Everything was clean, so a perfect spot for one night. I would recommend it for sure. Staff was nice and there is a continental breakfast included in the price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The place offered everything we were looking for: good rate, quiet, clean, courteous. We have stayed here several times because of these reasons. The pool and morning breakfast with juice and coffee are a bonus. No, it's not a 5-star location, but neither is the rate. The furnishing may be a bit outdated but everything works. The room and linens were clean and that's what matters to me.

Room Tip: We like the downstairs rooms so we can park right outside our door.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Correct motel to stay for one night. Room was outdated but clean and beds should be replaced. During summer, you can see a beautiful sunrise from the balcony. Free breakfast was appreciated. I would not spend an entire trip there but that's okay for a late stop.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The motel needs a proper renovation! The romm had a distinct smell to it. Adding to a bad room-experience was the dark green/brown furnishing. The motel offers a breakfast, but this is very limited. Also the outside of the motel looks very worn-out. However, the service was excellent, with very friendly staff. Unfortunately, this is not sufficient to compensate an overall bad impression

Room Tip: Do not select a room... It smells
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Kuna, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family had been staying at the Mountain View since the early 70's it was a wonderful place for a family to stay for the week or two every summer. However I had not been there in about 20 years . On our way to So Cal. last year we stopped at the Mountain View for the night and it was not the place it once was. It seems to be rundown, the rooms are nice for one night but not for the long stay, The staff while polite isn't friendly as the older couple that once owned it. I don't know about Wifi I am on vacation electronics are turned off. The place has a smell I cant determine and there appears to be no staff but those is the front office. I know all things change but this change is not for the better. Bishop was a destination for the family vacation this motel was family ran, family worked it had a personality of the Swiss couple that owned it and there children helped run. You felt welcome there. This is not the case now . Oct 2009

Room Tip: Room in the far right rear corner lower floor is still the best if you are with family.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mountain View Motel? Share your experiences!