“Noisy Drunk Partying 20 Somethings Ruined Entire Stay” 1 of 5 stars

You added Lagonita Lodge to your Saves list
Lagonita Lodge
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   183 Lagonita Lane, CA 92315   |
CA
“Noisy Drunk Partying 20 Somethings Ruined Entire Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Management did not do anything for two solid nights of drunken, extremely loud young adults that could be heard through out the resort.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

This is a timeshare condominium with a great lakeside location. We paid extra for a full lake-view room on the third (top) floor. If you get a parking lot view or find yourself on the first floor with no view, well, you get what you pay for.
The decor was Holiday-Inn at the lake, with reasonable rustic-look furnishings. The living/dining room area quite large. The deck had a large dining table and a killer lake view. TV's were OK. Kitchen was small but reasonably equipped. Bathroom was tiled and wallpapered. The room and the entire premises were clean and well-kept.

ISSUES: We reserved a king-Size Bed -- because we ALWAYS reserve only a king-size bed -- yet when we arrived we were told all rooms had queen beds. When you see the size of the bedroom, you understand why there are no kings. Aside from being smaller than promised, the bed was typical of middle-of-the-road motels. The real problem was that the single bedroom was very hot and stuffy. Temperatures were normal summer temps (mid-80's) at the lake, and there was no breeze coming into the bedroom. Tthe only relief was from a fan. A small, through-the-wall A/C unit would have made a world of difference. But this is typical of Big Bear Lake lodging.
Other items -- the small pool is indoors; the rec rooms offers billiards,foosball and other table game diversions for teens; continental breakfast served. Nice, lake-front sun deck except for the uncomfortable plastic lounge chairs with no cushions. Beach is small, rocky. Some limited parking for boat trailers, but you can't use the boat dock unless you are a time-share owner. They rent boats at the dock. Several marinas are nearby. There is only one walkable restaurant (a rather long walk).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
san diego, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

My husband and I decided on a weekend getaway to celebrate his first Father's Day with his six-month old daughter. We paid $179+tax for a "Bearview Room". We arrived at around 10:00pm and were ready for a restful sleep. Yes, we did get a lake view - but it was right next to the elevator shaft as well as the resident playground.

I specifically had requested a quiet room. We did not get that - I just put our daughter down to sleep and she was awakened by a very loud sound, which turned out to be the elevator. This sound continued about every 10 minutes or so and she kept waking up over and over again.

I called the front desk at about 10:30 and requested a room change. The front desk manager at that time was not very empathetic. He seemed a bit irritated, trying to convince me that the elevator use should stop soon, and that children rarely played on the playground (turned out not to be true in both regards). Sleep became more important than the lake view so we asked if we could see the other room available. He would not let us see the room before we moved! So, we blindly took it.

What a disappointment! They moved us onto a third floor room, much smaller, with a view of the parking lot. They would not give us a discount of any kind. We decided to sleep on it. When I woke up to our downgraded room I was so disgusted that we decided to move (for a third time) back to our original room so we could at least feel we weren't at a random motel somewhere.

Here come some bright spots:
We also decided to speak with the General Manager, who was wonderful. She was apologetic for the actions of the previous manager, empathetic of our situation and, in the end gave us a 25% refund. She, as well as the other front desk representative (Carrie) were great.

We also decided to maximize the beauty of the spot of where we were. Surrounded by nature, amidst the mountains, greens, and lake, we fished, and hiked and enjoyed the laughter of the other children.

The room itself (minus the elevator shaft) was great! Spacious, equipped, and bright. We would recommend certain rooms at Lagonita, just be specific with what you book. Stay away from views of the parking lot, and rooms near the elevator. The location is great.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Las Vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

My family and I stayed in room 131 June 19-21. I wish I had read these reviews before we spent $199.00 per night. Lagonita Lodge charges Hilton rates but has motel 6 beds. My family and I are not rich people, we work very hard for our money. Once in a while we have enough to get away to have fun, I wanted my family to have a nice room on the lake. The first night I slept on the bed and woke up at 1:00 am with extreme back pain and could not sleep for the rest of the night. The second night I slept on the sofa bed, OH MY GOD! I felt every spring and agin did not get much sleep. Its harh to have fun when your getting ripped off.I told them about the beds when we were checking out, the reply was "Do you think we need new beds" DA. They should read these ratings and correct the problems. But greed prevents it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

The location was great on the lake with nice amenities. However, inside the units was like a drab apartment. The interior designer did not do a good job. We couldn't wait to get home because the beds were so uncomfortable. Also the furniture is so mismatched and bulky it was like living in a cramped apartment all week. The ambiance did not go along with mountain living as you didn't feel like you were in a cabin you felt like you went away to stay in an apartment. The internet didn't work all week, though promised to work within a day. Activities are canceled if not enough sign up. The fitness center is TINY with 4 machines in a large closet. The indoor pool is ok if you want to do water aerobics and there is no more than 4 people in the pool. Kids like it but adults suffer watching as the it is indoors and you sit in a hot box watching the kids. Fishing opportunity is nice as you can sit out on the dock. Place is ok, if you don't plan to hang out inside and can sleep on any bed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

My husband and I had the time of our life! The activites,fishing,BBQing,meeting wonderful people and staff was more than we expected. Our room was so homey with having a loft and fireplace. The mornings were so beautiful sitting on the deck watching wildlife and activity on the lake. There never was a dull moment for us as this was our first time here. From San Diego but originally from Colorado it gave us a piece of back home. We appreciated all the staff for their help and kindness and can't wait to come back again. We certainly recommend the Lodge to anyone. Thank you all!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Vista
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

Lagonita Lodge is tucked away from the main road and is situated right on Big Bear Lake. It has its own docks and boats. The lodge offers activities on a daily basis, including a daily 2-hour lake cruise for $10 per person, ping pong, bingo, ice cream socials and card games. Daily housekeeping services and quick "fix-it" responses were very much appreciated. The office staff is very friendly and efficient. The most unfortunate part of my stay was the nesting birds in the parking lot, with resulting poo on every vehicle ... I'm just glad my room was not on the 3rd floor, where the nests were. Otherwise, I would go back again. It was very relaxing and just what I needed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Been to Lagonita Lodge? Share your experiences!