“Run down motel and rude staff” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Big Bear
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   42899 Big Bear Blvd, CA 92315   |
Ranked #16 of 20 hotels in Big Bear Region
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Run down motel and rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

Rooms have no fridge or microwave.. over hotel staff attitude completely rude. Way overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

This hotel is nice but for the price a little less than what we thought it should be. We don’t expect the Ritz but come on … no shampoo?? Other than that and the female phone call at 5 am with the horny women this place is nice enough. The people in Big Bear make this place worth coming to.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, So.Cal.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010 via mobile

Just what you would expect from a Motel 6; a clean, comfortable room (though ours had two beds in it so it felt a bit cramped).

PRO'S:
Centrally located
Large fenced-in parking lot
Clean facility

CON'S:
No shampoo
Rooms in center of hotel a bit of a walk to the parking lot
Oddly-shaped shower
Small room (at least it feels that way)
No in-room clock

Overall my wife and I had a pleasent weekend stay at this hotel, although we we're in town for a dunebuggy show & off-road event and diddn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010
Clearwater, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Upon viewing internet reviews of Big Bear accommodations and not seeing any standouts, we decided to save some money for a change, and go cheap. We did! $55 including tax for one night at Motel 6, Big Bear, CA. We had seen TV advertisements for The Motel 6 chain as upgrading the hotel room interiors. This hotel was done a couple of years ago, and still had a clean bathroom, but could use a major carpet cleaning. As previous reviews have said - it's basic, no toiletries other than a bar of soap. Suprisingly the 20" tube TV got HBO and HBO2! When we asked the hotel clerk, Alan, if we could see the room before checking in he said "We don't ordinarily do this, but I'll make and exception." He asked "Why do you want to see the room, all Motel 6 rooms are the same." I said "Yes, but some rooms are clean and not worn out and some are." Our room was just okay. If you are a regular Walmart shopper, you'd like it. If not, try the Best Western down the street.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

The bed was very hard and the snow boarders clamored in at 1AM. The staff was nice about getting them to quiet down. Since we can afford it, we'll stay someplace with better beds and less rowdy clientele. If we couldn't afford it, though, I go ahead and stay there, but I'd bring the mattress topper and a fan to drown out the noise.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

I booked my room over a month prior to my arrival. When I made my reservation I had requested for the highest floor, and towards the end of the hall so I could relax. The day I left I called again at 1pm to say I was on my way, and to make sure my request was put into place. It took 4 hours to drive there only to find out at 5pm I DID NOT have a choice on any of the rooms. They booked my room on the first floor right in the middle. For 2 nights I heard the people above me, and I heard people running up and dow the walk way. I did complaim and the hotel did give me a credit for my troubles. Would I stay there again......NO!! I found other places to stay that are $20 to $25.00 more that would give me what I needed. When I travel I am looking to relax not listen to people flushing their toliets, neighbors talking out loud, and loud noises from people parking their cars in the parking lot. The room was clean and the staff could have given the customer a choice on their room. I found out 90 people checked out that day, and noone could give me what I was asking for. Sad!! Why did I bother to even call before I left.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Whilst not terribly friendly the motel was clean, comfortable and warm (we had very cold weather). It was close to restaurants and a supermarket. Free coffee. Take your own toiletries as there's only soap provided.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Big Bear? Share your experiences!