“So much fun! Kids had a blast - and me too” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round family recreation area. The Alpine Slide attraction is California's only authentic bobsled ride. Take a scenic chairlift ride to the top, then hop on a specially designed sled and control your own speed down a 1/4 mile long track. In the summer enjoy our refreshing double Water Slide and in the winter tube on our Snow Play hill with Magic Carpet uphill lift. We also offer Go-Karts and an 18 hole miniature golf course. Our newly renovated building has plenty of indoor seating and an expanded snack bar. An outdoor patio, Water Slide deck and many grass areas allow for plenty of relaxing. Parents pay only if you play!
Vista, California
5 attraction reviews
“So much fun! Kids had a blast - and me too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

After reading some of the reviews mentioning long lines, I was apprehensive, but we got lucky, it was not at all crowded. We had so much fun! I had not originally anticipated staying the whole time, but since you don't waste energy walking up the hill (the magic carpet takes you up), we ended up playing at the tube runs basically from 10:00 to 4:00, when it closed.

What is great is that you get the all-day pass, and can come and go as you please. Parking is free. So, we were not stuck eating whatever snacks the place offered (fries, nachos, chicken nuggets) but actually had a nice lunch in town and came back afterwards for more fun. (Tip: get the tag put on some item of clothes you are sure not to want to take off! My daughter had hers originally on her ski bib, which ended up being much too warm. We got a new tag without any trouble, showing her pants, but it did interrupt the day for a bit.)

Another note: I actually ended up here by mistake - I had intended to go to a place called Snow Play, and thought this was it. Only noticed after a while, that these tube runs had no bumps. So, if you're after the bumps, you need to keep driving a bit further. What this place had though, was the additional fun of the Alpine Slide, and albeit pretty expensive, it was very different and quite a treat.

Overall, a very fun day - will definitely go again. Some people complain about the lack of supervision and security - personally I enjoyed the fact that nobody tells you how to go down the hill. Face first, on your knees, daisy-chained together with your friends - it's all good.

Visited February 2012

San Diego
64 attraction reviews
“Definitely fun, but don't like the lines or the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Alpine slide is fun - the kids love it.

The inner tubing in winter is also fun, but waiting in line (for tickets, and to go down the hill) isn't, and $25 (for unlimited tubing, the only option) is pretty pricey, SO, if there's snow on the ground, we usually just opt for finding a hill and sledding on our own. But if there isn't, we pony up for the inner tubing.

TIP: Get there right at 10 am when it opens (or earlier) to avoid the ticket lines and the tubing lines. Also, the snow is always the best and freshest in the morning, after they've blown snow at night.

Moorpark, California
47 attraction reviews
“Snow Tubing Fun for the entire family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We went with a few families with kids ranging from 8 to 14. The Alpine Slide is located in a complex where one has options. If you don't want to do the snow tubing, you have the option of doing the toboggan slide run. My son and my husband did both the toboggan run and the snow tubing, while I just did the snow tubing. We went there for a few hours each for two days. (I think there are go-karts as well, but I really didn't look at that option at all.)

The toboggan run consists of 2 slides - the slow one and the fast one. So if your kid is hesitant, he or she can try the slow lane/slide first. The way it works is that one has to go on a lift (like a ski lift) to the top of the slide. Each lift car sits 2 people. This was great since one of the kids was a little bit hesitant in her first try to get up and having a companion to sit with will assuage some fear. The toboggan cart, however, sits only one person. The rider is in control on how fast or slow the cart runs. The rider pushes /pulls a lever to increase/decrease speed. Some of the kids were hesitant at first and tried the slow lane a few times first before venturing to the fast lane. Some just went straight away to the fast lane with no qualms. (Those were the boys!) Everyone had fun! A book of 5 rides will cost you $20.00. If you buy an individual ticket, it's $5.00/ride.

The snow tubing is fun as well. We saw parents tubing with very young kids. If I'm not mistaken, there are around 4 or 5 lanes (more likely 5). Each lane, except, for the snake is just straight downhill slope. There is a lane targeted for parents with small kids, but everyone can pretty much use all lanes. There is a lane called a snake which has some twist and turns. Nothing crazy but adds some minor thrills. The way it works is each one selects a tube of his/her choice. There is an uphill conveyor where people pretty much just stand (like those that you see in airports but uphill) so as to be transported up the hill. (This definitely beats walking uphill!) Once you are off the conveyor, you decide what lane to tube down. We had some lines, but the wait I think was generally pretty short and reasonable. So one person at a time tubes down. You need to time it such that when you tube down, you give the person down the bottom of the slope enough time to get out of the way. You pretty much lug your tube up and down the slope. It's a fun ride, nothing crazy, nothing too scary! We even succeeded in having around 8 or 9 people tube down connected to each other like a snake! It's a great way to expend some energy without overdoing it and yet have some fun. The cost is $25.00/person for as long as you want!

Chula Vista
3 attraction reviews
“fun place to have fun in the snow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

fun place to go inner tubing. It was my wifes first time to play in the snow and she is already asking when we are going back. I recomend going at night if you waqnt to save a few buck.

Visited February 2012
Redondo Beach, California
“Snow slide is a blast!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We grabbed innertubes, went to the top of the hill on the people mover and cruised down 1 of 5 slides about 30 times that afternoon; I took my grandson with me a few times and he loved it too! You have to check it out!