“Peaceful, welcoming, home-like, and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

You added Timber Haven Lodge to your Saves list
Timber Haven Lodge
877 Tulip Lane, CA 92315   |
los angeles
“Peaceful, welcoming, home-like, and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2006

The Timber Haven Lodge, located just outside the central, town area of Big bear Lake, offers a peaceful, warm and welcoming place as a base for any type of mountain vacation. The area itself offers a year round selection of recreation and activities, with the cabins at Timber Haven, providing the perfect place to begin and end each day. The new owners have gone out of their way to make each guest feel welcome and comfortable. The cabins are set in a quiet, forested area, with outdoor space for everyhing from a childrens playground, to barbeque grills, a hot tub, and ample areas to lounge, read, and relax. The cabins are spotlessly clean, home-like and very comfortable. Timber Haven is perfect for families, couples, weekend escapes, or longer vacations. It combines the best of a mountain retreat, with the comfort and convenience of full-service cabins.

• Liked — location, atomosphere, large, historical cabin with stone fire place
  • Disliked — nothing, really
  • Tips/Secrets — check out Holcomb Valley (better with 4WD)
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

We went to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and stayed in cabin 8.
It was extremely romantic and very clean and comfortable.
The owners had a bottle of wine and birthday card waiting in our room. They are the nicest people. I felt like we were visiting family.
I highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Liked — in room jacuzzi/fireplace/very quiet
  • Disliked — street a little hard to find
  • Tips/Secrets — be prepared to relax
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

We stayed at Timber Haven Lodge recently in the jacuzzi suite. The hosts were friendly and helpful and the room was quite nice and very quiet. I liked that it was a mile from the village and on a quiet street.

We had a very nice dinner at Mandolin Bistro one night and a very basic dinner at the Mountain Brewery the second night.

Stayed September 2006
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

We had a wonderful experience. Our cabin was very nice. Nicely decorated, witha fireplace and everything we needed. The owners are very nice people. We will go back again.

• Liked — tHE CABINS WERE BEAUTIFULLY DECORATED AND VERY CLEAN
  • Tips/Secrets — cALL FOR THE BEST DEAL
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Agoura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2006

The Timber Haven Lodge is exactly like how I would do it, if I moved to the mountains to run a lodge and get away from the big city, as did the architect couple who have made their lodge the perfect combination of authentic and well-designed, friendly, charming and efficient.

The spotlessly clean, perfectly-maintained rooms have a retro-, B&B cottage ambiance, along with thoughtful extra touches in the kitchen and bath, including unusual luxury bath products and blessedly thick towels. The owners could not have been more accomodating and helpful.

I hope to return to the Timber Haven Lodge, and would recommend it highly to anyone.

--- Phyllis. H, Agoura, Calif.

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2006

I just got back from my stay at Timber Haven Lodge, and can't wait to go back for another visit. I stayed in one of the one bedroom cabins (#3) with my daughter, and we both found it very comfortable. The place was absolutely spotless and everything was in good repair.
The owners have given careful thought to both the decor and their customers' requirements. The cabins were small, standard fare, but much more well kept than most I saw when I drove around Big Bear Lake. The kitchen was fully equipped "down to the salt and pepper shakers," as one of the owners told me.
I like a firm bed, and this one did not disappoint me. The pillows and linens were wonderful, the towels plush. There was a lovely patio just outside my door--a great place to lounge with my continental breakfast. The outdoor jacuzzi looked inviting, but unfortunately the weather was too warm for me to try it out--next time!
The location is also quite good--the residential street is very quiet. The lake is about 3/4 mile away, and the National Forest is just a few doors down in the other direction. An after-breakfast walk in the National Park did wonders for my harried soul!
In summary, I would describe this family-run lodge as a cross between a bed and breakfast and rustic, comfortable cabins. I won't stay anywhere else when I return to Big Bear.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

I found the cottage I stayed in to be one of the most comfortable I have ever stayed in up in the Big Bear Lake area. I travel there almost every year to meet up with a bird-watching group for the weekend. June of 2004 I reserved a cottage at Timber Haven Lodge due to their enticing website. It looked very quaint and is located off the main drag giving more of a feeling of being in "the woods". Everything inside the cottage was fairly new if not brand new. The one bedroom cabin I had was quite roomy and there was no amenity amiss. The owners of Timber Haven were very friendly and helpful. The lodge is located in a tucked away residential area, which is unlike the other accomadations located all along the main road. Also, it was wonderful that there were plenty of birds on and around the property. This place was truly a haven. I will be staying there again this summer.

Stayed June 2004

Been to Timber Haven Lodge? Share your experiences!