“Popcorn, Appetizers, and Beer” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 106 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fort Myers, Florida
“Popcorn, Appetizers, and Beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went for the Happy Hour in the upstairs bar. We started with the popcorn...serve yourself from the popper. There is a Happy Hour from 4 to 6:30 that has good prices on well drinks, selected wines, domestic and imported beers. There is also a Happy Hour menu with food items of Sliders, Dogs, Wings, etc. Some in our party tried the Lobster Bisque...mixed reviews on that choice. We also tried the Nachos and a platter combination...these items were on the regular appetizer menu. All was typical bar food...nothing outstanding! Good place to go for drinks. The bar area does serve entrees. For a more refined dining experience, choose the restaurant downstairs.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Big Bear Lake, California
“DECENT FOOD AND SERVICE IN THE MOUNTAINS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife has been coming to Nottingham's for a long time. I have not been as enamoured with this location as I have always felt their food was too "unique" for my taste. On this last visit we went to this restaurant with a large group and the food was very good. However, despite the fact that the restaurant was deserted and our calling ahead to warn them that we had a large group coming later in the day, the restaurant still did not adequately plan providing only one server for the entire group (and no busboy or other helpers). The alcoholic drinks were very good (also made by the ONE server) and the food was decent. However, I do not recommend this location if you are in a hurry or do not want to wait a considerable amount of time for your food and drinks. I am told that the service is generally just as slow with small groups as well as they are known for not adequately staffing their wait/service staff.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
northridge, ca
“Don't go anywhere else...why would you want to?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This restaurant is family runned and owned! Most are in big bear, but these guys truly went out of their way to accommodate my daughter's fatal allergy to dairy. We ate there probably seven times while we were at big bear, just because the food was awesome and the people were even more awesome!

Visited June 2012
Orange, California
“If you like small portions…this place is for you!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I picked this place for dinner because of the menu we saw on their website and that the outside patio was dog friendly. This is a typical mountain resort type restaurant, the staff was very friendly, the outside patio had a lot of ambiance but when our dinners arrived we both were let down, there just was not much food there. My wife ordered the Tri Tip and I had the Filet Mignon, it’s not like we really eat a lot but you do like to at least get your money’s worth. This is just one of those places were it’s not cheap and the food is good but just really small portions.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Worst service EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

At the urging of my workmates--I decided to give this place another shot. We have to start working at 8pm sharp Friday and Sat in Big Bear Lake City. This time--the service was even worse than before--5 of us sat down at 6:15 pm which should be plenty of time. Food did not arrive until 7:40. And it was the same waitress and server assistant as a few months ago. The server put plates down for my other 4 friends--then looked at me and said--"is there anything else I can get you?".. I said yes--how about my dinner? Barely made it to work on time. Food not really all that great for the price either

• Visited March 2012