“Bar Review” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Glendale, California
“Bar Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I had drinks at Stillwells last Saturday night. We stayed at Northwoods for our Big Bear vacation and decided to check out the bar after catching a movie in the village.

It was around ten on a Saturday and the bar was very quiet, only a few other people. Our bartender was very nice and chatty. Like my boyfriend, she was also from England. She made is Irish Coffees that were excellent.

The bar has a cozy, woodsy vibe. I felt like we should have been there in the middle of winter with snow falling outside.

The prices, like most places in Big Bear, were very reasonable. I call it "reverse sticker-shock" from being so used to the high prices in Los Angeles.

Good overall experience.

Please visit my blog for extensive trip reports and pictures of our Big Bear vacation.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ventura, CA
“Upscale and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location is great our friends were staying there and they really liked everything about the hotel. I went there for happy hour and really liked the bar, service, and décor. It was a very nice place for drinks .We did not have enough time in Big Bear to go there for dinner. When we come back we will eat there for sure!

Visited July 2013
Hemet, California
“Excellent Sunday Champaign Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had the Sunday brunch for father's day. It was excellent. The service was great they kept the mimosas comings. The made to order omelets had an excellent selection of choices including lobster. They also had small waffles with a blackberry raspberry combo sauce that was very rich but great. All for under $20.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hesperia, California
“O WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was one of my best dining experiences, they surpassed my expectations it was relaxing the chef made us sea food pasta and omlettes, was very patient, I mean really helpful, every item I had gotten they complemented it which made me want it even more I mean I havent had that in a while and the bar Fugi Apple Martini the one and only Romi. My Husband and I will be back and maybe every other weekend

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prescott, Arizona
“Used to be great-now it's a must-miss!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Couldn't even get seated without going back to the bar area. Did not even have basic brands of beer or bourbon available. WE excused ourselves and left! This was supposed to be my wife's birthday dinner-thank goodness we found Nottinghams!

• Visited May 2013