“comfy fireside lodge” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“comfy fireside lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

my husband and i stayed here in june for 3 nights the hotel is very central for a wander to the village for resturaunts and shops, the rooms are o.k. they were clean and a really comfy bed but there was no a.c. and it was 105degs. so it was a bit uncomfortable through the night the pool was fine we had it to ourselves some of the time and the breakfast they serve on sat, and sun, is lovely if you use up your coffee there is no problem getting more we also found the staff very helpfull i would recomend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
attleboro, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband, my adult daughter and I stayed at the Fireside Lodge 2 bedroom cabin June 15 and 16th. Our initial impression at check-in was not good, as the young man at the desk was not very welcoming or forthcoming with information. We found out the next morning when we went to the office to ask about places to rent canoes that he was in training. Still no excuse, he should have had someone there to assist him. We also found out that morning that they offer a free continental breakfast. We had already eaten at that point, and nowhere on the information we received did it say anything about breakfast. All in all it wasn't a big deal but all guests should know. The cabin bathroom is tiny and the only mirror in the cabin is the vanity in the bathroom. I can't imagine 6 or 8 people in that cabin. The kitchen was well equiped. We had a partial view of the lake, but there is nowhere outside to sit and look out at the lake.There were plenty of towels and extra bars of soap in the bathroom vanity. The floor in the kitchen and living room was dirty, as I found out when I spilled water and wiped it up. The bathroom was clean, just outdated. It was an average cabin, and reminded us of the quality we had when we stayed at cabins in Yellowstone Park. The location is great, we were able to walk to the village. However, there are no sidewalks on the section of Big Bear Blvd., which we found very odd since there are many businesses located on this road. We enjoyed Big Bear and will try another lodge the next time we visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Jacqueline was the most friendly person I have met on my coast to coast trip. The room which I staid in was spacious, clean and had all the amenities I could ask for including a great view. In addition to making me feel right at home, my conversations with the staff provided good travel tips which have proved very helpful. If I ever get back to Big Bear Lake, I will certainly stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Simi Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Since finding this place 3 years ago it is the only place that I want to stay when in Big Bear. I always stay in the suites with the jacuzzi. The rooms are always clean and kept up (which can be hard to find in Big Bear). And the rooms are also very spacious! The suite rooms are all on the bottom floor so when you are lugging all of your ski/snowboard gear you can park right in front of your room. Another great perk is the fact that you are a very short walk from the Village (the downtown area of Big Bear) so when it is super snowy or icey or you just don't want to drink and drive, you can park your car for the night and head out to dinner, movies, wine tasting... whatever you fancy! I have stayed in 10+ different places in Big Bear and this is BY FAR the best place I have stayed.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suites are the best!
Spring Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is our 5th stay since we discovered the fireside in October 2011. We always stay in room 3, it has a flat screen TV & DVD which can be viewed from every angle of the room, from spa to bed to the kitchenette. The room stays warm with the gas fireplace above the spa and also has forced air heating. The bed is comfy and the spa speaks for its self. The convenient location makes for a short walk into town. But what really makes the stay memorable is the outstanding manager, Jaqueline is very accommodating, she attends to our every wish and personnel needs.
We will certainly be back for our 6th stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

First off... Jacquiline is the BOMB!!! That's customer service at its finest. Every hotel needs a Jacquiline and if you don't have one then go get one. The rooms are very nice and make you feel right at home. Nice views of the lake and that was on the first floor... could only imagine the second floor views. The bed was comfy and the hot tub in the room was amazing. Definitely will be back and can't wait to tell all my friends and family!!! Thank You for an awesome stay and keep up the good work ;)

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a hot tub.... you will not regret it!!! Especially after a long day on...
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I came up for a day of skiing and I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities in the room. It was comfortable and welcoming. We had a great view of the lake from our room and the balcony runs the length of the unit. However, the heating system was a little noisy and the suspended television was at head level next to the entrance to the bedroom; my boyfriend bumped into it a couple of times and we had to avoid it constantly. Also, there was a VCR rather than a DVD player, not that we were planning to use it during our short stay but, just for your information. It's great to have the jacuzzi tub in the living area with the fireplace above it. A pair of wine glasses were also provided on the ledge of the jacuzzi. Very romantic! I would certainly return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fireside Lodge? Share your experiences!