“Wonderful Cabins” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cienaga Creek Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Region
Prices are for rooms, adults
GreenLeadersGold level
Fallbrook, California, United States
“Wonderful Cabins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I plus our three dogs have enjoyed staying at Cienaga Creek many times since 2004. We love it! The cabins are perfect. Rustic but yet still luxury! There are dishes for the dogs and even towels just for them. And robes for us. We enjoy the local hiking and have taken full advantage of no leashes. We also love just driving to the cabin and not dealing with getting a key and finding someone to check us in. And the one time we needed help with the stove, someone was right there.

Thanks for wonderful stays!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hermosa Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The cottage is awesome.. plenty of space for the two of us and our two dogs. Big jaccuzi tub and stand up shower, and big patio to boot. We realliy enjoyed our stay and will be coming back for a weekend getaway many more times.

The staff are simply amazing at making you feel at home and welcome. The breakfast treats are nice with the fresh coffee. You really don't need anything at all other than a good book and some hiking boots.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one of the rooms.. but go for the ones with the big tubs!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We completely enjoyed our two day stay, the only sad part was having to leave! I think it was the little touches that really made it better than we expected. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel welcome, from the huge cinnamon roll waiting for us on the table, to the dog biscuits to welcome your doggie. Jack the ranch dog got to enjoy those since we didn't have a dog.

Like others have said, you're a few miles out of town, and there are 5 other cabins, but they're spread far apart enough so that no one gets in each other's way. That's important, because I imagine that most folks are like us in that we were trying to have a little quiet time and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.

We stayed in the Hunters Lodge and it was spic and span, and perfect for two people. We skied Big Bear during the day, then made a fire and curled up on the couch and watched some DVDs we rented at a Red Box in town. Next morning, we made coffee and oatmeal and just hung out some more enjoying the peace and quiet.

I think that for all they do for you and include in the amenities, such as the rolls, pumpkin bread, oatmeal, popcorn, etc, you get your moneys worth.

My wife and I thank Aimee for greeting us so warmly and making us feel so welcome. We look forward to our next stay on the ranch and I'm sure we'll stay even longer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

When we arrived at the Mountain Sunset cottage, I literally cried of joy. Who wouldn't? There were dishes and treats set out for our dog, warm cinnamon rolls on the table, beautiful music playing in the bed room. These folks think of everything. They even had a personal greeter, Jack, there upon arrival. Jack is the most well behaved and adorable German Shepard ever. He made our dog, Plum, the happiest pup ever. The cabin was amazing and fully equipped. What a perfect was for two Los Angelenos to completely unwind and get back to what's important, fun and happiness!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoreen, Owner at Cienaga Creek Ranch, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you and your pup enjoyed your stay in our Mountain Sunset cabin! Nothing pleases us more to hear that our guests are happy with their experience at Cienaga Creek Ranch. We hope to see you and Plum again soon! Jack will be waiting! Warm regards....
Laguna hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We've spent the second time in cienaga creek ranch and absolutely loved the experience.
It's a great place for going for walks, sledding, and relaxing in the cozy and clean cottage.
This place seems to have more snow and for longer than by the lake. We also enjoy the privacy very much.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Aside from the copious raves I'd like to bestow on Cienega Creek Ranch for their cozy cabins, remote location that makes you truly feel like you are alone in the woods (even though you aren't), what I applaud Cienega Creek Ranch on is the service. My new car broke down--something having to do with needing a diesel additive for the cold, who knew!--and not only did they volunteer to drive me 15 miles each way to the store in Big Bear so I could feed my small children, they did it with a smile. I couldn't believe how willing they were to help out the customer, and the person that worked there, Ben, was actually an auto mechanic and helped me diagnose the problem with my car. Then, when the tow truck came and I had already left, the tow truck driver was totally unprepared. They actually helped HIM get my car to the highway since he couldn't get his tow truck on the snowy road. unbelievable. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic or family getaway, and I can't wait to go back when I'm not in "business mode" trying to get my family home safe, to explore the trails and do some more sledding. Not to mention enjoy the cinnamon rolls that were waiting for us upon arrival.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I loved our stay at Cienaga Creek Ranch. We had privacy, yet felt very cared for by owners. When we arrived in our cabin, there were cinammon rolls, soft music playing, and a clean, cozy, nicely decorated cabin. We had beautiful hikes and only a fifteen minute drive to downtown Big Bear. The owners were even kind enough to return our DVD which we accidentally left in the DVD player.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Cienaga Creek Ranch? Share your experiences!