“Snow Boarding 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Region
Forest Shores Inn
40670 Lakeview Drive, PO Box 946, CA 92315   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Kula
“Snow Boarding 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just as shown the on website, hooray! Very convenient to The Village and Snow Valley Resort.
This studio unit included high tech tv/video online/cable programming with 3D and kitchenette terrific for quick and easy snacks/meals. Lakefront condo shows off the many birds on the lake.

Room Tip: If on the ground floor, ask for a unit that may be vacant above.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Forest Shores Inn offers 'lake front'. privately owned, vacation condos for rent. We have vacationed at Forest Shores, with our grandchildren, over a 1/2 dozen times since 1997. All the comforts of a beautiful home, with lake front view, and housekeeping. The two-bedroom condos have fully equipped kitchens with range, oven, microwave, refrigerator, ice maker, dishwasher, cooking utensils, and other small appliances. There is a breakfast counter, dining table, livingroom with gas fireplace and an entertainment center. The sliding door off the livingroom opens to a lake front deck, with a gas barbecue and patio dining furniture; and there are stairs that take you from the deck to the shore. There is a bathroom with a large walk-in shower on this level, too. Upstairs is a guest bedroom with either twin beds or queen bed, a master bedroom with a sliding door leading to an upper deck, and a shared full bathroom with two vanities. The property also offers a swimming pool and spa.

Forest Shores is located within a comfortable walking distance to the Village, where there are restaurants, shops, movie theaters, etc. A bowling alley is directly accross the street from Forest Shores. Also, within walking distance, are two marinas: Big Bear Marina and Pine Knott Marina. You can rent pontoon boats, waverunners, and other watercraft from these marinas. There are two large grocery stores about 5 miles away: Stater Bros and Von's. Also, within a short drive is golf, a zoo, hiking, and a variety of family activities. The Big Bear Discovery Center is a short drive away, on the north shore. There is a 1 1/2 mile loop easy hiking trail near there.

Our grandchildren are now 20 and 15 and still ask us to take them on vacation to Forest Shores. It has become our very special home-away-from-home. We cherish so many wonderul memories made there.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

We've stayed at Forest Shores Inn for almost 10 years, at Thanksgiving. The 2-bedroom units we've used have been wonderful. Suddenly this year, without explanation, we were informed by the managers at the Marina Resort that they would not rent to us. Since we'd had such a long, happy experience with Forest Shores, we asked for the reason, with every intention of clearing up whatever the problem might have been. After three pleasant, polite phone discussions they still refused to explain why our file had a "Do not phone, mail or rent to" note added by the management. We were clean, conscientious family users with a great, personal relationship with the former management family. We have no idea what the problem is with these new people.

• Liked — View and access to downtown
  • Disliked — Management at Marina Resort
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

Last year my family decided to stay a few days in Big Bear during the summer month of August and after browsing for accomodations I came across the site bigbearcoolcabins. This site (a property management company) offerred vacation rentals in the Big Bear area and had reasonable prices so I booked a stay at the Forest Shores Lakefront property. After booking our stay we were sent an e-mail about 3 months before hand with a lockbox combination for the door key and other directions. I wondered about this, why would they give you an advance code for a lockbox that should be constantly changing for the security of the property, 3 months in advance ( I know why hotels no longer give keys, but keycards).
When we got there I was impressed with the location, the Inn was right on the lakefront within a block of The Village and the Marina. I can't say that Forest Shores is actually an Inn, but actually a combination Inn, timeshare, condomonium complex. The office out front is actually closed and a sign directs you next door to the Marina Inn for service.
When we discovered our place, it looked great intially until we went to the bedroom/bathroom. The bed was not made and the bathroom towels were used. I was apprehensive about this and decided to call bigbearcoolcabins on the phone only to discover that there is no phone at the place. I guess I can kind of understand the reasoning for this since this isn't an actual hotel but a private residence that wants no surprise charges other than their share of the rent. So since it was late and we were tired I decided to throw the towels in the wash and briefly inspect the bed which looked clean but still not made. I decided to take this up with my management when I checked out. During the second night we were relaxing when all of a sudden someone from the downstairs unit walked through the garage door and started to come up to our residence to check it out. After they discovered that this was not part of their unit they apologized and went back down to their unit. I then went to the garage door and noticed that it was locked from the downstairs unit but not on my side. This made me really apprehensive again and I preceded to put our personal belongings in my car outside figuring it would be safer their than inside. Now I have a lockbox outside that the code has not been changed in at least 3 months (any other former tenant could of made a copy of) and a doorway that I can't secure from my side. The next morning I went to bigbearcoolcabins and asked to speak to a manager. I politely but firmly told her my problem with the towels, bed, lockbox and garage door and that I had a hard time enjoying my vacation for fear of theft (thanks to the tenants downstairs for not robbing us in the middle of the night) and the extra time I had spent on doing laundry. I was giving a blank stare back by the manager (her name escapes me now) and was told: 1) I should of called about the towels once I got there (hello!?!?, no phone) and 2) the lockbox code should of been changed and she was not aware of the garage door situation. Basically, I got the feeling that she was calling me a liar, and just another irate customer looking for something for nothing. She then told me she would put a note on my account for a future discount on my next stay. I told her I wouldn't be staying here again and demanded that they go check the property now because I didn't want to be responsible for damage/theft by others when who knows how many people have access to this place.
All in all, this is more a warning about bigbearcoolcabins than actual forest shores itself. Other than the aforementioned, my overall stay in Big Bear was nice, the lake was great and the place had a nice view with good furnishings. Beware of this particular property/unit though.

• Liked — Location, Furnishings, Lakeview
  • Disliked — Management, Service
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2006

We found this place quite by accident, as we were looking for a place that we could dock /slip our boat when we came to Big Bear. Almost missed the Marina Resort and Forest
Shores. Upon inquiring at the Marina R esort, we were told about the condos for rent within 100 yards which had dock priveleges. The managers of the resort showed us a condo at the Forest Shores, and we instantly made up our minds to book 9 weekends from May thru Sept 10, 2006. The dock was literally 50' from our room. It was gated with
key access only. The surroundings were serene and well maintained. The Marina Resort itself, has it's own beach and pool and deck and another boat dock. Our condo faced across the small bay at the Marina Resort. 3 bed/2bath condos can be rented, but we opted for the studio condo. It was well appointed and more than sufficient . King bed, full bath, phone, cable TV, fireplace, private gas BBQ grill, small frig, micro, full size coffee maker, toaster, and all dishes supplied. Maid service was daily, and very discreet. We even got to watch a few weddings from our condo, as the Marina Resort is also an Event
Venue. The Big White Tent is a definite landmark when "out on the water". The office staff was great, and the managers, Scott and Bonnie were gracious, congenial, accomodating, and most importantly, ran a tight ship. We will definitely look forward to next season.

• Liked — LAKESIDE/DOCK ACCESS AND THE LANDSCAPED GROUNDS, LOOKED LIKE A PARK
  • Disliked — MORNING SUN ONLY, DUE TO LAYOUT OF THE BUILDING
  • Tips/Secrets — ALWAYS BRING A JACKET, EVEN IN SUMMER....WIND CHANGES, TEMP DROPS
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2006

We (myself and two co-workers, each with our own rooms) stayed at Forest Shores Inn instead of Northwoods because our boss wanted to save some money. You get what you pay for!

1) My room had two lamps that did not work because the bulbs were burnt.
2) The carpet was not vacuumed since there was white lint all over the carpet. Also, it needed to be steamed vacuumed since there were large portions of visible dirt.
3) The pillow sham still had the drycleaning ticket stapled to it (at least they do dryclean).
4) The cable went out the second night for all of the rooms (my co-workers confimed this).
5) Both remotes for the TV and DVD player did not work. The batteries were probably dead.
6) When the cleaning service did change the burnt bulbs, they only changed ONE of the two bulbs and left the old burnt bulb on the couch.
7) One of the boxes of soaps was smashed and torn. The soap inside was missing a chunk.

The twenty dollar difference between Northwoods and Forest Shores was not worth it at all. My co-workers and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2004

My wife and I stayed here with 2 other couples while attending the Big Bear Octoberfest in '03 an had a great time. The rooms are spacious, with great views from 2 of the three rooms. there is a full kitchen and a garage to park in if you rent the entire condo. Walking distance to the Village and attendent shopping and dining establishments.
We are staying there again in 04.

• Stayed September 2004

Been to Forest Shores Inn? Share your experiences!