“Love this place for sandwiches and breakfasts!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 107 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: American
san Diego
“Love this place for sandwiches and breakfasts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We always stop in at Mountain Munchies when we first get into Big Bear! Love their huge sandwiches...big enough to share!
This time we went back for a yummy combo breakfast with french toast!

Visited May 2013

Big Bear Lake, California
“Great food, great value, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place is a favorite among locals (I can tell because every time I'm there, I run into several people I know). As soon as we're seated, a server quickly comes to our table and takes our drink/food order. My two favorite items are the "Mountaineer," which I like on a squaw roll. It's a vegetarian sandwich, generous with avocados and cheese. If I really want to splurge, I also order the curly fries, which they serve with ranch dressing. Another favorite of mine is the garden burger, where they also add avocados. Yum! My husband ordered the French dip the last time we were there, and he's never disappointed. He also likes the turkey and gravy. We've never been disappointed with the food or the service! You can order the food to go, but it's more fun to stay in the restaurant and visit with everybody! If you go during mealtimes on busy (holiday) weekends, be prepared to wait for a table, though.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Big Bear Lake, California
“OK Deli Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I am a local and have tried this restaurant several times over the years. The service is just OK (we are regularly ignored by the wait staff) and the food is average on a whole. If you want better food taste and quality, I recommend going to the Bear Belly Deli on Moonridge Road. They have a much better offering of foods, meats, etc., overall.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yorba Linda, California
“Best Sandwiches in Big Bear”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We have been visiting Mountain Munchies for over 15 years now. The menu offers many kinds of sandwiches for all. So Far we have never been disappointed. The prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is clean with large tables. The staff was friendly and cooperated when we wanted the large sandwiches cut in thirds. I believe this deli has been open at least 30 years or more.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, great value, great owners and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

This little diner is in the Stater Bros. shopping center and is open from 8am to 7pm daily. I am in Big Bear several times per year to see family, and most mornings during my visit I take my father to breakfast there. We also end up going to dinner there at least once each visit. The food is very good -- be sure to order the hash browns at breakfast and the carved turkey sandwich or entree for lunch or dinner. The portions are quite generous for the price charged, and I believe it provides the best combination of good food and good value in Big Bear.

I also want to put a good word in for the staff. My father is elderly, uses a walker, and moves very slowly. The staff could not be more welcoming or accomodating of him. Their kindness to him alone makes me want to go back again and again.