“UNSAFE AND UNHEALTHY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Thundercloud Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Big Bear Region
Thundercloud Resort
You added Thundercloud Resort to your Saves list
40598 Lakeview Drive, CA 92315   |
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Big Bear Region
Escondido, California
“UNSAFE AND UNHEALTHY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Stayed in Room 108 and one of the beds supports went throught the floor. The second night we put books under the supports to keep the bed even. The floor was very corroded and you can feel the floor moving when walking within the room. The shower door did not close all the way and it didn't lock in place. As soon as you walked out from the shower you were stepping in towels saturated with water. In addtiion, the Fire Alarm cover was hanging and we notice the alarm light was not on. It looked as if someone was going to change the batteries and forgot to do the job and left the cover open. They also advertise an ice machine in the lobby, however, no ice. Had to buy ice out in town for dinks. By the way the indoor pool advertisement, is two blocks away from our room. Not very convenient in 19 degree weather.

No wonder this was the only hotel with vacancies, it was our fifth hotel that night and all others were fully booked. The word RESORT should not be on the title of this hotel. Motel 6 would have been a better deal, but, they were booked also, go figure!

Room Tip: Not all hotels with the word RESORT mean that they are good.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

How they stay in business I'll never know. . Like everyone else's reviews here, we turned into a practically empty parking lot. All the rooms had blinds open and many appeared broken. They advertise an indoor and outdoor pool, but there is NO pool at all. The outdoor pool is filled in, as it probably should be. The building is termite infested. As soon as we walked into the dusty, moldy room with the sunken mattress, we walked out. The owner/manager was waiting outside for us as if he expected us to come and request to leave. Because we booked on a travel website, we had to request our refund from them. No responsible travel agency should recommend this place. We stayed at the Fireside next door, more expensive, but absolutely delightful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

It's nasty and way too expensive... I couldn't even spend the night there, I had to run out because the room smelled like dirty feet and the towels in the bathroom had orange stains, I don't know from what, but so nasty. I told the front desk man that I couldn't stay because of that and he still charged my credit card, they are THIEVES besides NASTY.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

When I booked a stay at the Thounder Cloud resort I didn't expect anything fancy... but I did expect a working toilet, hot water (especially when it's 13 degrees and snowing), and a clean room... but this did not happen. The first thing I noticed when I arrived was that the lobby was dirty and disgusting. When I arrived to my room, 107, the toilet flusher was broken off and placed on top of the toilet, the shower was moldy and filthy, there was a rat hole in the wall next to the shower with mold covering it, and the hot water did not work. Carpet was old and stained and the walls were paper thin to the point where you could clearly hear your neighbors conversations. Paid to stay two nights, but left early in the morning after the first night... It would have been cleaner and safer to camp. Do not ruin your vacation staying at this dump!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I wanted to take my boyfriend to a romantic trip to Big Bear. My first mistake was not listening to people's reviews of this "resort".
First red flag was when we drove up to the hotel and our car was the only one in the parking lot. The magic and romance of our trip quickly evaporated once we opened the door to room 111. Our lovebed had no sheets and smoke stained pillows. The carpet was filthy and stained. The whole room looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum or cleaning service since its opening. The bathroom was small and mold infested. The only thing missing from the shower was the knife and killer from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.
One quick look at this place and we decided it was not worth risking our lives to stay here a night. If you have an enemy or have someone you feel the need to revenge, suggest the Thundercloud Resort for a few nights.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
CAMARILLO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

The room was dirty, the carpets were filthy, the shower door would not close. It made a mess in the bathroom. The room stunk and it was hard to walk without shoes. The heater did not work. There were no screens on the windows and the front door had a big hole because someone kicked it in.

It was the worse hotel that I have ever stayed. We tried to leave the night we arrived but we could not find anything because it was during Valentine's weekend. We left the next day. If you want to stay in a dump this is the place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
SHADOW57
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

This place is worst than a dump. Tent camping is a five star experience compared to this
health hazzard. They only ones getting a great night sleep is the bed bugs, mice, and
other unknown hazzards. The rug was way to filthy for even my dog to sleep on if I brought her. As promised by a time share promo from CASA BLANCA EXPRESS the place would be similar to a Motel 6. THEY LIED and offered no refund for taking a health risk by entering the room.

STAY AWAY from this filthy place. THIS IS THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER ENTERED.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Thundercloud Resort? Share your experiences!