“Run down” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 17 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Blythe, California
“Run down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Our son got the room and asked us to come up. He is youg so he got the least expensive place. Omg, the carpet was filthy the lamp shades torn drapes falling down hole in bottom of door tv from the 90's. The beds were clean so we stayed. Before we got there they changed rooms because bathroom in other was awful. The lobby was dirty trash not thrown out.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've read some harsh reviews here and felt I had to write my own. I stayed at the Knights Inn (Big Bear Blvd) this past weekend. Myself and the lady wanted to visit the ski slopes for a day on Sunday and we drove Saturday afternoon. They have two buildings and we stayed at the building south of the boulevard. It did the job. Yes its old and out of date and the carpet is as cleans as grandma's carpet, but big deal. It won't be the best place you stay at, of course. Men, you'll have zero problems with this place. Most ladies will be perfectly fine. My lady said 'it did the job'. We both laughed off its rustic charm before whizzing off to the slopes in the morning.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms in the building on the south side of the boulevard are quieter as this building...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Foz do Iguacu, PR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Probably it was a nice place to stay in the past - two room suite with kitchen. But now, run down, no maintenance, dirty like I've never seen before, and the noisiest heater I've ever heard in my life, which would periodically wake us up through-out the night with its loud "tic-tic-tic".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Ok so I read all the reviews before we went and stayed there for one night over the weekend and we had gotten the family suite with 3 beds for 4 of us for about $120.00. I think that was a great price to share for what we got because we were just looking for a place to sleep at night while we were snowboarding for the weekend. The heater works, there are clean beds even though they are hard, and a bathroom with shower. If u expect more than that dont go. The rooms dont look the greatest, there was no pots or pans to cook with and the breakfest sucks but again that stuff didnt matter to us so I would say if I cant find something else around the same price I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The nastiest hotel I've experienced. Some would say you get what you pay for, but paying $100 for one night is not a small amount in my book, and no matter the price, there is no excuse for lack of sanitation, and cleanliness. I got a cheaper room thinking, I don't need fancy, as long as it's clean. IT WAS NOT.
Every fabric in the room from the curtains, floor carpet, to bed covers was falling apart, dusty and dirty with spots. Gross. The toilet was coming apart, with cracks and holes everywhere.
Also, the complementary breakfast was a joke. Nowhere to sit, no actual breakfast, just a packaged cookie and a cup of coffee.
Did I mention the raccoon going through the huge dumpster that was overflowing in the parking lot, right next to where my car was parked?
Seriously, there is NO excuse for this. Shame on the people who run this place. All I can
conclude is that this place has no integrity, cares very little for its customers, and I hope it goes out of business so no one has to be this disappointed again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
El Cajon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the most disgusting hotel i have ever seen!!! I am in it right now writing a review calling other hotels looking for vacancy...the window has a piece of wood in it as a lock. The shower has mold. Linoleum floors with tears. The tv is older than me and im almost 30. Great waste of money i had no idea the hotel could possibly be this bad given its proximity to the town....so bad we refuse to take a shower and or going to wait 2 days til we get to disneyland

Room Tip: Turn around and leave do not book i posted a bunch of pictures on yelp
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

When we arrived in the lobby it looked homely and inviting. Not first class, but this is the mountains. The staff were very friendly and nice so you couldn't fault them for that. After the greeting were out of the way, we were gave our room keys and disturbing directions to another building that was not assessable unless you had a 4x4! I was already starting worry, when we got to the room I was terrified! We had to carry our bags up a back staircase, no lifts, to our room that was right on the staircase! The room it's self had not only seen better days it was not even fit for a soup kitchen regular! The heating was gas fired with no carbon monoxide alarm, and as a director of a gas heating company I would have condemned the heater if it was in England!
The bathroom was actually disgusting and was as far as I could tell more of a death trap than shower room.
Please, please look for somewhere else to stay until this company knock down this hotel and rebuild. Because it does not matter how much they spend refurbishing this building it will still be terribly insulated and set out!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Big Bear Lake? Share your experiences!