“Rustic cabin setting” 3 of 5 stars

39756 Big Bear Blvd, PO Box 1522, CA 92315   |
Surprise, Arizona
“Rustic cabin setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our cabin was one of the few pet-friendly cabins. It was small for two people. The best part about this cabin was the shower and the comfortable bed. I understand that there are a certain amount of rooms/cabins delegated for people with pets but our dog is well-mannered and crated when we are not in the room. It is a shame that some resorts/hotels place their guests, with animals, in smaller accommodations. Our cabin did not seem as though it had been remodeled.

However, the area is great for all types of recreation, so I will be back but will most likely stay in another location that is more pet-friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our reservation was made several months in advance of our arrival. My credit card was charged $6.32 by Reservation Track which I thought would be adjusted when the entire room charge was applied. Never happened. Upon arrival I questioned the charge and was told that Reservation Track was a Pal Pal account that they use to verify credit. Although it was a small amount it was my responsibility to pay it and this was noted on their web site. Not wishing to make anything I let the issue go. However, on return home I searched their web site and found NOTHING that said I would be charged for a Reservation Track service. Lying to guests is not acceptable. Since I have already paid the $6.32 from a prior credit card charge I will not contest it. The web site says that certain cabins are 'rustic' and have been recently remodeled. Our cabin must have been remodeled 5 or 10 years ago. While the small TV did have many cable channels and the water was hot in the shower and sink I cannot think of anything else that would constitute 'remodeled.'
The love seat was so low to the floor that sitting down and getting up was challenging. The electric wall heater in the living/kitchen area did not heat the bedroom or bathroom. The temperature in the morning was near freezing and the heater was of no use. A huge metal fireplace commanded much of the living room and was not used, it had no value to heat the other rooms. The queen size bed filled up most of the bedroom and the small closet would only hold a few hanging clothes. Damaged weather stripping around the entrance door let in some cold air. The entrance to the parking lot near the office was easily accessed, however getting to the parking lot near the cabin required traveling back onto the highway and over a high asphalt mound, which probably kept water and snow run off from flooding the parking lot. A high clearance vehicle is required.The cabin parking lot was on a highway curve which in combination with the mound made entering and leaving the lot at best difficult if not dangerous considering the heavy and sometimes speedy traffic. Over all I would say that the term 'rustic' was an overstatement. But the pictures on the web site do show some cabins that are quite nice. I unfortunately did not have one of these cabins. Will not stay at this "resort" again.

Room Tip: Do not choose a 'rustic' cabin.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a long flight from England to Las Vegas then stayed here on our way to and from Los Angeles and loved it.

We were made to feel very welcome by the owners as soon as we arrived, they even ordered our takeaway for us.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and had great amenities. The grounds were fantastic with a pool area which was a great suntrap, bbq's, benches and a swing seat. The views are amazing and the lake is just a short walk away.

I would highly recommend Bay Meadows to anyone and my only regret is that we didn't stay here for longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

If your looking for a great place to stay as a couple, small family, large family, or even multi family this is the place. They have cabins for everyone! The grounds are nice, and the cabins are really clean, and nicely furnished. The staff is helpful and friendly. With all that said we had a perfect weekend celebrating our daughters birthday. We will definitely be back. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Amazing accommodations, very clean, cozy, and great location. Rooms are very spacious and have top-quality amenities. The pool and sauna are also very nice. The service was unparalleled, as the owner was extremely helpful in recommending places to eat and activities to do. Easily the best bang for your buck. Would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed July 2013
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I would highly recommend staying here. The staff is very friendly and helpful in every way. The Cabin was very clean and extremely comfortable. The ONLY complaint that I could have is that the bed was too soft for me, it was a memory foam mattress, I prefer a very firm bed. I would recommend Bay Meadows Resort to anyone looking for a nice quiet get away.
Even though you are on the main road, the room was nice and quiet.

Room Tip: They have 1 - 5 bedroom cabins. The east side of the resort is pet friendly if you prefer.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
High Desert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at Bay Meadows Resort because of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and it’s location. We stayed in the 1 bedroom cabin at the resort. The room was very clean and had all the amenities. You park right next to your cabin which is really nice not haul your luggage a long way. The kitchen was very large. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly and were always there to answer any questions we had. I would highly recommend Bay Meadows to anyone thinking of going to Big Bear. We will be staying there on our next trip to Big Bear.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay Meadows Resort? Share your experiences!