“Finally found the bakery of my dreams and it's only 92 miles from my house!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Pine Bake Shop

Cuisines: Dessert, Bakeries
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert
Alhambra, California
“Finally found the bakery of my dreams and it's only 92 miles from my house!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

As soon as we arrived and drove by I knew that I wanted to stop. It's an adorable little bakery. The baked goods were delish! We tried the cinnamon roll, peanut butter cookie, pumpkin square, and so much more. Everything was perfectly baked and tasted 100% homemade.

I can't wait to go back to buy one of everything!!! Yes, it was that good.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Canyon Lake, California
“best lemon bar ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

cute little bakery, lots of goodies and good prices. only open on weekends and the lemon bar was to die for. really rich and creamy and wonderful, must try! you can order cupcakes ahead and they looked great! I would try the apple and carmel one! next time

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles
“Am I missing something?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I've read the other reviews here, and perhaps my family went here on the bakery's off days, but this bakery just isn't what everyone else has said it is. The cookies we had were not fresh tasting and too sweet. The cinnamon roll was dry. And the half dozen cupcakes we bought for our son's birthday back in 2010 were dry as well. We haven't been back since Jan. 2011, so perhaps things have improved or we were just unlikely.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California
“Best Birthday Cake...EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

We celebrated my son's 7th birthday while on vacation in Big Bear. Sugar Pine Bake Shop came very highly recommended and did not disappoint! I called Trish about 2 weeks before our arrival and talked about what I wanted. She put together, hand's down, the best birthday cake we have ever gotten. It was decorated perfectly (Star Wars theme, but very sophisticated) and tasted amazing. It's a good thing I don't live in Big Bear year-round...it would be very easy to become addicted to that chocolate buttercream! Thanks so much!!!

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Downey, California
“Just the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Trish made our wedding cake from a picture ; it was awesome. We asked her to create a cake of her own design for a party of hot rodders; it was awesome. The new bake shop is clean and refreshing and easy to find on BBL Blvd. She is only open a couple days a week, but will do special orders by appointment. Trish is just as sweet as her cakes. Can't say enough about her and her shop. They are just the best.