“Very Clean, Manager Very Accommodating, Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

You added Lakewood Cabins at Big Bear Lake to your Saves list
Lakewood Cabins at Big Bear Lake
586 Main St, PO Box 3263, CA 92315   |
Los Angeles, California
“Very Clean, Manager Very Accommodating, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were booking very last minute, but we still wanted to find something for a reasonable price for two nights. Like other reviewers have stated, the cabin itself is very quaint, not luxurious or very modern, but still very clean, well-stocked, and cozy. We had clean rooms, sheets, towels, a stove, tv/dvd player, fireplace, and a fairly large refrigerator. The Wi-fi also worked very well. Exactly what we were looking for.

The manager was also very accommodating. He provided us with a large fan and showed us where to find the extra fold up bed. We even BBQ-ed steak and baked some sweet potatoes outside our cabin on a clean (looked new even) grill outside.

The cabin was also in a location close to the busier parts of town, but far enough from the main roads to be quiet. All in all, I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fallbrook, Ca.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Cute rustic cabins. Not for the real fussy travelers, but great for a basic cabin stay. The best part is that the cabins are CLEAN! Furniture dated but adequate. Linens and towells all very clean smelling. Kitchen stocked with almost everything I need to do basic cooking for my Grandkids. The best part of this place is the manager, Dave. He's great and I get the strong feeling that he would love to do a lot of upgrading if only the $$$ was there. Nice relaxing place, no frills.

Room Tip: Ask Dave, I've stayed in 2 of the cabins and both were fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Lakewood Cabins are located among trees, two blocks from the lake and a 10 minute walk to the town. There are trails nearby. Our cabin had a bedroom, front room, 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. It is rustic and fabulous. The manager is on site and is easily contacted for any needs.

Room Tip: Cabin 4 has 2 bathrooms, Cabin 7 is the biggest and gets the best wi fi reception.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed in a junior cabin which included a bed, couch, fireplace, tv, dvd player, and a small kitchen. The kitchen had a sink, toaster, microwave, and fridge. There was no stove, but dishes are available for guests to use. The surface area of all the counters and floors were extremely clean. The couch, however, was full of food crumbs. The size of the cabin was perfect, and it provided a comfortable stay. The cabin host was very helpful and friendly, and asked several times if I needed anything. My only real complaint was that the bed was extremely stiff. Overall, I enjoyed my visit at Lakewood Cabins and would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Escondido, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband, myself and our 2 little dogs arrived to find a VERY FRIENDLY David, the caretaker but the cabin we had was run down, not clean, old, like 1960's old AND the bed was extremely uncomfortable and rock hard. These cabins are good ONLY if you go to Big Bear for skiing or other sports but NOT for a relaxing and restful getaway. We were very disappointed and will not return here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

First of all the location is OK. The cabin was quaint, with a little work it could be very nice. The sink faucet was loose from the sink, still worked, but tacky. The bed was the hardest thing I ever tried to sleep on. There were issues with broken blinds, missing screens on the windows. With some serious TLC the cabin(s) could be great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I decided to go to Big Bear last minute for Memorial Day weekend. I decided to book at this location because we were taking our dog with us. When I got there I had to wait a few minutes because Dave wasn't in his office. When he got there he was very friendly. The cabin we stayed had one bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen. The heater is in the living room so I was glad that I took my down comforter with me although there were blankets in the cabin. They had towels in the bathroom also. The shower had hot water. The furniture is old. I dropped something in the kitchen floor and when I went to clean the paper towel showed that the floor was very dirty. I could tell that the cleaning in the cabin was very basic. My husband and I had to came home a little bit early and Dave told us to call him next time that he maybe would give us one night free. I think was nice of him to offer that. I'm not sure if I would stay there again only because I wish the cabin had been more clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lakewood Cabins at Big Bear Lake? Share your experiences!