“All the little details...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apples Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Region
Apples Bed and Breakfast Inn
42430 Moonridge Road, CA 92315   |
Hesperia, California
“All the little details...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband bought us a night here as a surprise, I had no idea what to expect. The Inn is just gorgeous, statuesque, and completely charming. The owners have really fine tuned the running of this gorgeous inn, Barbara presented us with homemade cookies at check in which was such a treat. The rooms are lovely and spacious with a warm, country cabin feel. There are a ton of small touches that really add up to a great stay. Homemade treats and apple cider in the eveing, a snack and refreshments bar available at all time. There are free games and movies to watch as you cuddle up next to the fire. The breakfast in the morning was simply amazing. Everything was homemade and delicious. We will stay here again on our next trip back. The only downside (quite small) was the availability of parking. Overall, I would highly recommed this inn, the food and service are superb.

Room Tip: Must stay and enjoy the fantastic breakfast!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

A buddy and I stayed here when we were stranded on the mountain due to snow over New Years, and were lucky they had a last minute vacancy.

I read a reviewer below say they left before breakfast. Well that's just tragic because the breakfast was one of the most amazing breakfasts I have ever had in a hotel or B&B. They seated us almost formally, and served the food to guests as they arrived at the dining room table. I wish I could remember all the things they made, but let's just say they went above and beyond on the food.

The decor of the place is not exactly my taste -- it was like stepping into grandmother's cottage -- but it was clean and well kept.

I would definitely go back, if only for the breakfast. Unfortunately, if you want to hit the slopes by 8:30am, you'll miss the breakfast which they serve at 9.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed a few day's at Apples Bed and Breakfast in Big Bear Lake, CA. simply by accident and necessity during the winter of 2011. Big Bear Lake is a Skiing and Boating Resort town, just a few miles from my Home in Apple Valley, CA.
During December of 2011, I was on the job, working on the Cities Power Plant and was on-site off and on for a couple weeks. Traveling back and forth home every day. During this time a big snow storm hit the area and they closed all the roads up and down the mountain. That left me with, no place to stay and no way to get home for a few day's.
After calling some of the local Hotels and Motels for availability, I stumbled onto Apples B&B and gave them a call, they had a room for me and at half the price of some of the other Resort Hotels in town.
That was one of the best calls I ever made! I travel for a living and I know all the good, bad and ugly places to stay in the country and some overseas.
My stay at Apples B&B was simply fantastic and has never been equaled before or since. Jim, Barbara and the staff (Sarah) took care of me like a long lost brother, it was just amazing.
I am scheduled to go back to the Power Plant around Christmas time this year again and if they close the roads on me again, guess where I'll be staying?
Impressive Place... Fantastic Job and Thank You all at APPLES <3
I would highly recommend Apples B&B to anyone!

Sincerely ~Roy Robinson~ Apple Valley, CA.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been taking my customers to Apples twice a year since 2010, and I have personally been attending for a couple of years before that. This is a great place and the fact that I sell out my retreats every time is a testament to how nice it is. The food is amazing each and every morning and Barbara (the owner) is very accommodating to those who have dietary restrictions. An inn is like a house... occasionally things need fixing, but any time something has needed repair all I have to do is ring the bell and either Barbara or Jim come down immediately and take care of it. The place is well maintained and cozy.... great for all the crafters who want to get away with friends and get some work done. There are three conference rooms with tons of space for each person, a music system in each room, a mini kitchen in each room with a fully stocked refrigerator, microwave, sink, etc. I highly recommend this place and my customers and I will continue to go twice a year for years to come!

Room Tip: Big Bear is a nice quiet town and although the inn is on what is considered a main street, there is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed for the 1st time Labor Day weekend. All the rooms are so cute and comfy, I like that old fashioned decor. The lobby and sitting area are comfortable and inviting. The meals were huge and snacks were delicious. I ate about 1/2 and took the rest home. They provide you with little bags. It is pricy but well worth it for a special occassion. The location is great and the grounds are pretty. I was at a scrapbooking weekend but plan to bring my husand to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
San Dimas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have been staying at Apples since it opened in the 90's! It's a great place for a romantic weekend, and a wonderful place for a "Girls' Only" weekend! I've stayed in almost all the rooms and each one is wonderfully appointed, comfortable, clean, and accomodating. You'll find your stay to be quiet and relaxing....a true B&B adventure. There is nothing missing....everything a guest could need is there for you. Your Host and Hostess are welcoming, professional, and friendly. They make sure that your stay meets your expectations and more! When you're here you are not just a customer, you're a very special guest! The food is fabulous! Once you've had breakfast here you'll never forget it, and you won't need lunch that day! Everything is served fresh, made from scratch, and served at just the right temperature. Each day the breakfast is different, and the quality is always A++! The Chef is creative and dedicated to ensuring a party for your tastebuds! Everytime I come here, I can't wait to see what new tasty treat we'll have for breakfast! In the late afternoons, when you're just about hungry again, out comes wonderful snacks! Again, you are always surprised at the different choices! I've enjoyed Big Bear Lake for many years and there are many restaurants in the area---close by---to enjoy. But be sure to save room for Apples' famous desserts in the evening...Delicious!!

I visited Apples in June, and couldn't wait to come back in July for another event! Service consistency is guaranteed! You'll remember Apples always! A stay at Apples is one of the best parts of Big Bear Lake. Thanks always Barbara, Jim, Landon!

Room Tip: Each guest room is different, and you can't make a bad choice!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My customers and I have been coming to Apples for over six years, and each year tops the year before; there is never a dull moment and no one goes away hungry. The quaint rooms and excellent food as well as the warm hospitality of Barbara and Jim make each day rewarding and keep us coming back year after year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Apples Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!