“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Orange County, CA
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate breakfast here this morning. The food was OK. Service was average. Our waitress was OK with us but very rude to a couple of other tables in our room. It made us feel uncomfortable. Our table wasn't clean. The ketchup bottle was so dated and old that we didn't want to touch it. There is a lot of food but it wasn't prepared how we asked. We will not be back next time we're in town.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
ca
“I dont get it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We ate outside. Tables were dirty. Plastic plates felt dirty. Omlette was greasy. French toast was average. Service was so slow. When i waited 20 minutes for my bill that never came i went looking for someone, anyone, to take my money. I found our waiter, told him i'd like my bill, he said it wasnt his table but would find our waitress. A girl came and said it wadnt her table. I had to tell the guy that he was our waiter and he had our check in his pocket. It wasnt even busy at the time! Maybe it was just a bad day. I will never know because i wont go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hemet, California
“Local Restaurant with good food and reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We selected this restaurant because it was local and recommended by our hotel staff. Great prices. Get the large pitcher of beer if you have more than one glass and save money. I tried the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. The meal came with a choice of soup of the day (pea soup) or salad. The homemade soup was really good and came in a large bowl. The chicken fried steak was great but I didn't like the mashed potatoes (real). The manager offered a baked potato but I was full. The restaurant is really noted for it's breakfasts. We ate inside but the outside garden seating looked very nice.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Super friendly service and good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Good home style cooking. Super friendly service. The homemade pies are terrific. Nice large patio.

We had a slight issue with the Big Bear Fire Department who were dining on the patio when we got there. They started to complain when we showed up because we brought our 3 large dogs.

The owner of the restaurant said it was “OK” and sat us in a back corner. Our dogs were perfectly behaved and slept the whole time. Message to the Big Bear Fire Department “Don’t be so quick to judge. I will match my dogs behavior in a restaurant to behavior of your children or grand children in a restaurant any day of the week.”

Thank you to the restaurant staff to allowing us to eat on the patio. We enjoyed ourselves and so did our dogs.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indio, CA
“Great Chicken Fried Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I went to Thelma's for dinner while visiting Big Bear Lake. I had a great desire for Chicken Fried steak which they serve. We sat outside because the weather was perfect. We were immediately greeted by a wait person and we ordered a glass of wine. The wine came quickly and was in a large glass filled full, good, and only $3.95 a glass. I had the C.F. Steak ($10.50) and my husband had 1/2 order of ribs ($12.95). Both were extremely reasonably priced especially for this area. Both meals came with salad or soup. My husband had salad with ranch dressing that he thought was OK, while I had Clam Chowder which was good, but could have been a meal in itself. The C.F. Steak was one of the best I have had. The meat was tender, thick, and the coating perfect. The mashed potatoes were the real thing with a few lumps to define them. The gravy was a chicken gravy, not the country style I've usually had. It was flavorful and sufficient to cover both the huge serving of potatoes and steak. My husband said the ribs were OK , but nothing great. The service was excellent our wait person friendly, helpful, and made us feel Welcome. The serving were large and I ate way too much, but it was soooo good.

• Visited July 2013