“Hidden treasure in Big Bear Lake” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 105 restaurants in Big Bear Region
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Carlsbad, California
“Hidden treasure in Big Bear Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We went to Murray's on 5/17. We were amazed at the menu. They have an extensive seafood menu at incredible prices. Our party had the crab cakes, ahi tuna, and bacon wrapped shrimp. The food was incredible. The ahi was spectacular and priced at $9. Amazing!!! The beef and pork chop was just as delicious. Great food, great portions, at an amazingly low price. If you are in the area I'd strongly recommend eating at Murray's

• Visited May 2013

90% Recommend
San Diego, California
“Dive bar with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Despite the trashy and dodgy people we found occupying the place, the food was great.

Jalapeño poppers was a good appetizer but pretty heavy.

The hamburgers are delicious! Me and my wife tried 2 different kinds and they were great. And trust me, I am a hamburger snob.

The food gave me and my wife diarrhea, probably because of how greasy they were but it was worth it. I would definitely come again.

The fries were great too.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“What a great time at Murray's. Most fun night out in Big Bear!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I decided to go to murrays by myself one night while out in big bear. i wanted a nice bar scene with good food. After reading the reviews on yelp I gave it a shot. I am so glad I did, this place was awesome.

When I first got there I sat down by myself at a back corner table, watching people play pool and sing karaoke. The atmosphere is totally fun and everyone there looked like they were having a blast. The adorable bartender Jen saw I was sitting alone and told me to come sit at the counter, she then introduced me to everyone sitting at the bar. i thought that was so nice and sweet of her, she made me feel very welcome. The drinks at the bar were great, but the food - OMG! SO GOOD! I couldnt believe how good the food was. Real restaurant quality. I got the ahi seared tuna to perfection with yummy sauteed veggies. I also got an order of delicious fried pickles with ranch dressing. The fried pickles are not on the menu so you have to ask for them.

I took a spicy chicken sandwich and fries to go with me and that was out of this world as well.

While at the bar I made friends and sang karaoke which was a lot of fun. This was definitely my most fun night out at big bear. Big bear is a quiet town and there doesnt seem like theres much to do, but Murrays changed that once I found the place.

They should get a website back up and running, if not for yelp I never would of found them gem.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun, friendly crowd...great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I went to meet my friends and had missed their dinner at some other place. With a stomach empty i ordered a regular burger and fries with a beer and was so suprised and how delish it was. Fries were enough to go around the table of the 3 of us. Karaoke was fun, there were some great singers, i think they were locals too. My total for the eventful night was $12 bucks for dinner and two drinks, cant beat that!

Valencia, California
“Murray's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Food great. Service good. Meet locals. Great selection of drafts. Prices very reasonable. All the menu items sound great, we had the grilled cheese. Has cheddar and muenster. Other toppings include avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon. Fries tasty, rings okay. Will try there again to taste house rib eye speciality.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere