“Very good pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Mission Viejo, California
“Very good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good pizza with excellent antipasto salad. Service was helpful and attentive. We were in and out with a very large group and it didn't take forever like some places.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Glendale, California
“Good Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped at Village Pizza after our morning zipline excursion. We were parched and famished.

We each got a large beer and shared a medium pizza. A medium is more than enough for two people. We left a slice.

The pizza was very good with a thin, crunchy crust and loads of toppings. I wouldn't say that it was the best that I've ever had, but it was good.

Oddly enough, after a weekend in Big Bear where we were marveling at the low prices (compared to LA) we thought this place was more on par with our local restaurants. I'm not saying that it was overpriced, but it wasn't an amazing value.

I enjoyed sitting outside on the patio.

We had a good meal, but with so many great restaurants in Big Bear, I'm not sure that we would rush to return.

Please visit my blog for pictures and a more extensive trip report from our Big Bear weekend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Big Bear Lake, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than decent. Excellent pizza.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm ashamed to admit it, I rarely eat burgers that cost more than $5 or pizzas that cost more than $8. I just rarely splurge on pizzas when I can get a very acceptable $5 Hot 'n Ready at Little Caesar's, and even Pizza Hut & Domino's compete for the budget market.
But, my nephew from San Diego raved about Village Pizza in Big Bear, and since I just moved here (took over BB Village Lodge in the Village) and my sister was visiting for a weekend, we decided to follow the recommendation.
We weren't disappointed.
In fact, the pizza tasted so good, it made me feel guilty because it reminded me just how delicious a pizza can be.
Last month my other sister visited and we had a MORE expensive pizza down the street that was just 'so-so,' leaving me feeling pretty good about my regular habit of buying almost only 'decent' pizzas from the chain restaurants for many years. I can't even remember how that pizza tasted.
But Village Pizza? If you're in Big Bear and you're in the mood for pizza, this is the place to come.
Atmosphere isn't super. Counter service minimizes the tip pain (always leave some, but less when it's not table service, of course).
Sure... they're in the more typical $10 - $20 range and not $5 - $10, but in this case, it was worth every penny.
It's on the opposite side of the Village from me, and a longer walk than the several other pizza places in "the Village", But, I'll go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chino, California
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Took the entire family here for lunch. We were celebrating my sons bday, The pizza was really tasty! This is the 2nd time here for us. Will be back forsure!

Visited April 2013
“Greasy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is expensive and really not that good it taste like something you would get at a cafeteria. Not worth it.

• 2 of 5 stars Food