“Terrific food, service, ambience with a view of the lake” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 106 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
california
“Terrific food, service, ambience with a view of the lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We tried Evergreen this weekend because of a friend's recommendation. Jerry, the owner, greeted us at the door and made sure our evening was a success. The interior is warm and inviting and the view of the lake is the best! We had the rack of lamb which was cooked to perfection. As we had eaten a large lunch, we asked if we could split the dish. No problem here - in fact they gave us two choices - split one dish with no extra charge or split the dish with two sides of our choice for a small extra fee. Although we didn't have room for dessert, when we heard they had carrot cake, we took some home. Outstanding! We will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Quality food and fun atmostphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our family dined here over the New Years holiday and loved it. The restaurant has loads of character - it is decorated in mountain style with colorful lights. They also had a giant old fashioned Santa in the entry way (much to my children's delight). I ordered the champagne mushroom chicken and it was absolutely delicious. Main courses run from $16 (pasta) to house specialties (filet mignon etc) at $30. Kids meals were very reasonable, around $6. Service was very good. Restaurant was busy. I would definitely return, this restaurant is a new favorite for us in Big Bear.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“December 2012.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We visit every year at Christmas (5 times). What keeps us coming back is Jerry and Emillee. The food is average but the sitting is wonderful. I always try the venison and next year will try to duck. While I enjoy the venison, I find it pricey. They are a very busy restaurant at Christmas time and the best time slot is around 5:00 PM. We always eat there on Christmas Day. While I rate it average I will continue to eat there on Christmas Day because of the views, Jerry and Emillee.

Visited December 2012
San Diego, CA
“Great Food - Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were here for a weekend Nov 2012. New to area so saw this rated high and tried it to celebrate a birthday.
Called the restaurant and they said reservations were suggested. We made reservations for 5:30pm. Restaurant was EMPTY when we arrived. By the time we left there was only one other table seated.
Staff could not have been friendlier, specials were explained well (although would have been nice to have prices of the specials).
Ordered the avocado/shrimp appetizer, very colorfully displayed on the plate and fresh taste.
Hot tea was ordered and a box of teas to choose from was brought to the table. Water glasses refilled quickly, more hot water available if needed.
Main entree was the 'Evergreen special" a steak with crab on top over garlic mashed potatoes. This was scrumptous. Steak done as desired, crab tasted fresh, garlic mashed were good. Would have been nice to know this was a $50entree though!
Dessert was the cheesecake and it was light, fluffy and good.
I will go here again.
The view of the lake is great!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, CA
“Could use some updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Garmin directed us here for a seafood restaurant. The exterior of the restaurant is very plain, but the interior definitely has character. The Maitre D will greet you, as well as the unusual decor. There is, indeed, a table of wedding cakes (display) near the entry. There are also white christmas lights strung up throughout the ceilings as the sole source of light (we were there for dinner) which reminded me of a hookah bar and a backyard wedding reception. They also have many empty and dusty wine bottles on shelves for decorations. Let's just say that the decor could use some adjusting to the food prices. The people were very friendly. There were some service issues, which we believe were caused by the kitchen.

We did wait for an hour for our appetizers to arrive and over 30 minutes after that for the entree. The waitress seemed apologetic, but could only give us a smile. The food comes out in bunches: all of the tables got their appetizers at the same time (for example our appetizers arrived on the same cart as the next table that got there 45-50 minutes after us). Then all of the tables got their entrees at the same time. All of the food was brought out on a plastic rolling cart, the type usually seen at pizza restaurants that carry the bus tubs. The crab appetizer turned out to be two large legs of King Crab legs ($40), with a flower on top. Also, a flower was stuck right in the middle of our food: my steak looked like a fern and a flower were growing out of it. Am I supposed to eat that? Flavor was okay, presentation made us giggle. Unfortunately I only had my poor cell phone camera to take the uploaded photo.

We were having such a nice day in Big Bear that I didn't realize how dissatisfied I was until I wrote this review.

• Visited November 2012