“This is where you will find the locals” 4 of 5 stars

703-538-2466
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 106 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Los Angeles
“This is where you will find the locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We came here for breakfast on a Sunday before the morning rush. It was recommended to us at the Discovery Center. Great good and prices!

Visited March 2012

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Best Breakfast - Great Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

When I first came to Big Bear, I stopped by a small restaurant at Boulder Bay. Blanca's has become my go-to place for breakfast or lunch. Try Blanca's homemade apple dumplings or the best-on-the-hill cinnamon rolls. The sandwiches and soups are delicious.

If you are headed up the hill and want to have a delicious pie or other dessert to serve your guests, give Blanca a call. She will make you the hit of the party. Let her do the work and you take the credit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
“another good reccommendation in Big Bear Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We were also reccommended to this restaurant close to Golden Bear Cottages resort. This quaint diner has real mountain charm and the breakfast and lunch is good too! It is well worth visiting if you are near Boulder Bay.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Big Bear Lake
“Best Breakfast In Big Bear!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

I'm a Big Bear local who dines out a lot. I have written other restaurant reviews and always like to make sure readers know that I have come to know the owners of the restaurant (hey, this is a small town and we all end up knowing each other!) but as I have also said before, I wouldn't give a good review unless I really felt that way. I'd rather say nothing than lie.

Anyhow, Blanca & Pierre's is a great place for breakfast or lunch. It's the kind of place we used to call a "coffee shop" meaning it is not a fancy dinner type place. The food is consistently good and the service is "down home". My favorites for breakfast are the sausage and eggs and breakfast burrito - their homemade salsa is FANTASTIC. My favorite lunch item is their cheeseburger with ortega chiles.

Blanca is also an excellent baker and in addition to the tasty pies there, you can also get Mexican cookies which are great - not too sweet.

They have comfy seating inside with a couple of tables having a view of the highway and they also have a patio for outside dining when the weather permits.

They are located in Boulder Bay which is the westernmost part of Big Bear. It is one of the first places you will see if you are driving in from San Bernardino like most visitors do. Give them a try and you won't be disappointed.