“Excellent Sandwiches” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Indio, CA
“Excellent Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The name of the Deli is incorrect!! It is Grizzly's "BEAR" Belly Deli not "BEER"!!!
We have spent July and August in Big Bear Lake. Based on a local's recommendation we went to the Deli for lunch. Our sandwich was wonderful. Since then we have had 15 more sandwiches, 6 different ones, there or took them with us. My husband didn't care for the chicken salad sandwich, but I thought it was very good. All the others have been grand. My favorite was the BBQ Beef and my husband really liked the Philly Cheese Steak. The sandwiches are huge and we have split them. One half was more than enough. They have a card and each time you buy a sandwich they punch the card. Ten punches and the next one is free. What a deal!! The employees are super friendly and I feel like a friend when I go in the place. The sandwiches range in price from $6.00 to $9.45. They also have weekday specials.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Riverside, California
“Worst Customer Service EVER!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I were in Big Bear for the weekend and stopped by this place after reading about it on Trip Advisor. We have literally NEVER experienced such rudeness, and we live in Southern California so that's saying a lot. We called before we got there just to verify they were open since it was a Sunday. The girl on the phone was very abrupt, but we didn't put too much stock in that and went ahead on over to the deli. When we arrived, my husband went in and asked if he could purchase some chicken salad. The girl at the counter said, "What do you want?" so he repeated that he would like to get some chicken salad. She just stared at him blankly and shoved a menu at him saying, "Here's our menu!" There was one other girl working behind the counter and she just glared at him. Needless to say, he walked out without purchasing anything. I don't know if they just don't sell chicken salad by itself, but how on earth is that an excuse for this kind of rudeness?! Just tell your customer that you don't happen to sell what they're asking for. Whoever runs this business should be ashamed of the staff they had working on Sunday May 12th. Don't bother. Go to Amangela's in Big Bear village instead!!

• Visited May 2013
Temecula, California
“Good quality, kinda pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Just had lunch here. Good quality meats & cheese. Not as big a sandwich as I thought they'd be based on prior reviews. Sides are extra - fries were ok.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's actually BEAR Belly Deli, not BEER. The food is very good--high quality ingredients which complement each other. My husband had a Salsalito Turkey sandwich and I had a custom grilled ham sandwich. Very tasty. Also, the coleslaw wasn't too sweet so I was happy with that. Seating is limited and although it's a clean, fairly comfortable place, it doesn't have much ambiance. In one corner they have posted a bunch of pictures of people's bare bellies to go along with their theme which I decided not to look at. I'd go there again, for sure.

Visited September 2012
Fontana, California
“Great sandwiches and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stopped here after a hike and enjoyed great sandwiches and yummy potato salad. The staff was very nice and checked in on us during our lunch. The small eating area was very clean and they have tables outside on the patio and water for our pups!

A great place that we'd definitely visit again.

• Visited September 2012