“Christmas” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Palm Springs, California
“Christmas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The service is very good and the food is excellent. The prices are $$$ unless you are able to visit when they run the specials. We eat there every Christmas. The Owners are both the Chief and Servers. They do an excellent job. How do they manage with 3 Children?? We will continue eating there as long as we go to Big Bear.

Visited December 2012

Alta Loma, California
“As good as it gets....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have been going to Madlon's for many years, whenever we go to Big Bear. I am writing this review mainly because I can't believe Madlon's is not ranked in the top 5 in Big Bear. The current owners are open for breakfast on weekends but don't seem to be doing the business of many other area restaurants. You definitely should try it. On our last visit for breakfast I had the "breakfast combo" with eggs, choice of potatoes, two nice-sized pieces of ham (bacon or sausage available), and 1/2 waffle (pancake also available) for $7. And everything was delicious! My wife chose from the LONG list of crepes and commented on their lightness and flavor. The service is excellent, if occasionally a bit slow. I have never had lunch at Madlon's, but the dinner menu, while not extensive, is excellent. The food is creative and delicious and fairly priced. The only item I thought was expensive was a steak I had a couple years ago, but it was the best steak I have ever had. The wine selection is very good, with relatively low prices. To really save, try their early specials on weeknights. (I am not sure of the days; call ahead to check.) Madlon's is a clean, cute place with outstanding food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gilbert, Arizona
“A "Don't Miss" Epicurean Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Strolling thru Big Bear Lake's village, staring at various restaurants, a lady approached my husband & I, asking if we were looking for a great place to eat. She suggested Madlon's, remarking we might want to make reservations. We did; the food was scrumptious, the ambience quaint.

The special: 2- 5 course dinners for $58.00, which included a half-carafe of wine, was fantabulous. Perusing the menu, a la carte, will find the food pricey, but worth every penny!
I look forward to a return visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Big Bear Lake, California
“Are you sure we're not in San Francisco?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Excellent food complete with table linens and napkins! They offer a wonderful selection. The early bird menu is a bargain for the quality of food that you receive. It was a wonderful restaurant
to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Big Bear Lake, CA
“Great food and wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Skilled chef owners, great atmosphere, delicious food. Accomodating and never a rush. Crepes, wild salmon, pork chops, bread pudding and wonderful French press coffee. It is a treat. Highly recommend. A bit pricey but worth it!

Visited July 2012