“Fabulous day, awesome gourmet raw lunch (and dessert)!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 Attractions in Big Bar
Northern CA
“Fabulous day, awesome gourmet raw lunch (and dessert)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a fabulous day on the river, lazy rafting, a refreshing swim, amazingly awesome gourmet raw lunch, and then a rare summer hailstorm! We laughed our way through the hailstorm and downpour, resolving to come back earlier next year when the rapids are more challenging. Tanner was a fabulous guide, an amazing host and we look forward to rafting with him again - thank you!

Visited August 2013

Redding, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Kick in the posterior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My lady and I are first time white water rafters. Tanner ( the owner) and Ron Our guide made our experience outstanding. Their accommodating nature made booking , rafting and the entire adventure a positive experience. I would recommend this entity to anyone looking for a great memory made in a beautiful place, that's exciting and will stay with you long after you leave the water.

Visited May 2013
BigFlatRaft, Owner at Big Flat Raft, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Hope to see you on the river again. Tanner
San Francisco, California
“Top Class Family Rafting & Gourmet Lunch !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family and I took a trip with Big Flat Raft - Rafting on the Trinity River. My kids are 6 and 9, and we had not rafted before, so we limited our first trip to a Grade 3 trip down the Trinity. This was more than enough exitement for our 6 year old and was challenging enough to keep the adults engaged and screaming. Our guide Ron was excellent and piloted us through the rapids expertly, even when we got stuck. We went for the gourmet lunch option, and the excellent food just kept coming. If Ron ever gives up rafting he should run a restaurant. !!

The quality of boats, lifejackets etc was really good and everything from pick up to drop off ran like clockwork. We had a great first rafting expereince, so we are hooked and will be going back to Big Flat Raft again.

Visited August 2012
BigFlatRaft, Owner at Big Flat Raft, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm really happy you had a good trip with us. Maybe we'll see you next season...Looks like lots of water is on the way.
Have a great new year.

Tanner
Palo Alto
13 attraction reviews
“Had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The folks at Big Flat raft will cater a trip just for you. No one else was signed up when I first called, and they set up a trip for just my son and I. When I called to confirm, and was a little worried about only 2 of us, they offered to put us with another group to fill one raft, or we could have a boat to ourselves. We chose to go with a larger group and had a blast. There were 5 adults and 2 kids along with Ronnie, the guide. We had a really fun time, not too strenuous with more bodies to paddle. Just enough rapids to keep us interested, with quiet floating and time to jump in the river to cool off along the way. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip and would recommend them to anyone.

Visited July 2012
Berkeley, California
4 attraction reviews
“The most epic 2 days of our lives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Big Flat Raft guides are fun, professional, and teach you how to ride the rapids!
They prep you well, provide wet suits (my guide even had extra neoprene booties he let me borrow).
I really appreciated how this company went out of their way to accommodate my family for our two trips (Coffee Creek and Upper Trinity), and look forward to doing some more runs with them in 2012!

Visited June 2011