The Thompson is awesome! From the valet, to the front desk, to the pool, I was treated with a warm sense of welcome, and a desire to please. With decor as inviting as the Thompson the service can easily become lost. I never waited for my car, an attendant at the desk, or service on the roof whether poolside or barside. On my last day, I had an evening appointment before my red-eye flight, and was worried about having to hang around town because of the regular check out time. No worries, $100 and I was extended till five - perfect. That meant I could spend more time at the pool, and then prepare for the evening in my room rather then wandering around LA trying to kill time.
OK let's get to the digs. The design is awesome from top to bottom. For those who bemoan the hip-swanky feel of every detail I've got two words for you...RITZ-CARLTON. I'm sure you'll find the conservative, understated design and culture that you desire. Newsflash, sleek upscale hotels cater to a large and I'd venture to say growing segment of the market. Ask Ian Schrager, or better yet ask his accountant. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a well executed Ritz as well. (see my past reviews) The point is not go to one hotel, and complain because it's not like the other. I met guests of every age that appreciated The Thompson and all of its charms.
In my view, LA is a different city then NY, Chi-Town, or Miami. You kinda have to be in the know to find a good place to people watch or just relax. The great part about the Thompson is that the scene comes to you. Have a few hours to kill before your next appointment stroll up to the roof and see what's going on. Not sure where to eat, travel down stairs for great food, in a wonderful atmosphere. Want do to a little walking around, Rodeo is 4 blocks away. In the market for a Ferrari there's a dealership next door.
My one mistake was renting a car. I generally would never consider being in the land of traffic without a vehicle, since it's not a pedestrian city, but Beverly Hills is a stroll around town, and that's just what I did with the Thompson serving as my base of operations. I set a personal record for least miles expended on a 4 day rental.
This hotel offers a great value great location, atmosphere, and service. For business or pleasure, single or with spouse I highly recommend. I can't wait to come back, I miss The Thompson.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- California Cool meets East Coast sophistication at this erudite respite located in the glamorous Los Angeles enclave, minutes from Rodeo Drive boutiques and Hollywood power-playgrounds. The International Style-designed SIXTY Beverly Hills is a serene-but-scene-stealing outpost featuring luxurious comforts like bespoke furnishings, artfully designed bedroom suites and a gallery of Hollywood-evocative imagery. A cinematic Above SIXTY Beverly Hills rooftop bar and outdoor poolside lounge provide balmy zephyrs and panoramic views of L.A.'S fabled canyons while the tony-but-fuss-free Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room is the all-hours spot for casual New American cuisine comforts. SIXTY Beverly hills is part of SIXTY Hotels, the new, innovative brand of luxury inns in New York, Los Angeles, with Miami debuting soon-ish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel